Printing The Word "COPY" or "DRAFT" Across The PDF Report

Adrian TH

Printing The Word \"COPY\" or \"DRAFT\" Across The PDF Report

Good Day,

My client intend to have the word "DRAFT" or "COPY" to be printed out across the Purchase Order Report for those with hold codes (Budget Checking).

As far as I'm concern, this can only be done on Microsoft Word.

Is there a way this can be done using ERW?
Or is there any other way to do it?

Appreciate the help!

Version: E8.11

Regards,
Adrian.

Re: Printing The Word \"COPY\" or \"DRAFT\" Across The PDF Report

Adrian,

It would depend on where and how exactly on the Order Report your client wants it printed. If they want something like a "watermark" on the order report, then you will probably need something like Create!form - this will need a modification to the report to indicate that the "watermark" is needed. If it can take the form of a heading then you can do it in ERW.

That's my AUD 0.02 worth, I hope it helps.

Good Day,
Thanks Peter!

Yes, actually I do need a "water-mark" on the report.

Is there any other way to do it just by using ERW without any third party software?

Regards,
Adrian

Hi Adrian,

To put a watermark on a report you need to go to one of the forms companies, or you can use XML publisher. You need to be on tools release 8.96 to use XML publisher. You can probably get it free with your current JDE license.

Take Care,

Mark

An alternative to getting a 3rd party product is to print DRAFT or COPY in some section of the output in a big font. Not a watermark.. but it might be enough.

Adrian,

Extending on ShaunMorgan's suggestion, in addition to the large font, it may be an idea to change the colour of the font to make it a fairly light grey. But, I'm not sure how you would put it "under" a number of different report sections, as the sections, as far as I'm aware, do not overlap.

The only other way would be using pre-printed stationery, which will only work if you need to print it out.

Mark's suggestion about XML Publisher, may be your best option, without going 3rd party.

"is there any other way to do it just by using ERW ...?"

No.

Hi Adrian,

To print a watermark across the report you will have to use some third-party software like Optio|Formscape|CreateForm etc. or you can use XML Publisher as suggested by others.

Unfortunately ERW does not provide any functionality to support watermarks. If your requirement is just to use watermark sometimes then you can use a freeware "PDF Watermark Creator" from "CoolPDF Software, Inc". Its a freeware and you can download it from http://www.coolpdf.com/pdfwatermark.html

In this software you can define font, size, text etc for your watermark and convert your original report with watermarks.

Hope it helps.

Good Day,
Thanks for all the help.

XML & WaterMark works well!

Regards,
Adrian.

Back