R42565 creates more than one invoice for the same SO???

sheeba

Reputable Poster
Hello,

We have an issue where the invoice program creates more than one invoice for the same order .

Detail desc:
for eg: If a Sales order has some 5 items - 3 of the items fall under inv#1 and the other 2 items fall under inv#2 - and these invoice numbers are not in sequence either.
for eg. If inv#1 = 24001 then inv#2 = 24005 => meaning invoices in between are getting created for the other sales orders when they are submitted in a batch.

does anyone have any idea of why this could be happening?

this is a production issue and any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks much
ks

Hi "ks2004",

By the way: on which release, platform, system? I miss these information in your post.

Check the value of Payment Terms Code (PTC) in the Sales Order Detail rows (F4211).

As far as I know, R42565 splits the SO to different invoice by Payment Terms Code.

Please, let us know, what had you seen in PTC? Thanks.

Regards,

Zoltán

Zoltan,

thanks for your quick reply - there you go - i updated my signature
smile.gif
and sorry about that.

yes, that's the first thing i looked at - PTC - and since this is an issue in PROD . i was able to study the PTC values on the F42199 (ledger) only and PTC is blank on lines with the 580/560 statuses.

thoughts?

thanks
sheeba

zoltan,

it seems like my earlier reply didnot go thru...

anyways,

i did check the PTC first - but since PTC stands same for a customer - i still am trying to figure out why it is breaking a single SO into different invoices for different line numbers.

again i believe this does not happen all the time - but happens once a while in Prod.

thanks
sheeba

Hi Sheeba,

If you can reproduce a scenario on PY, then maybe you can try to debug R42565 to figure out, why does this happen.

Good luck & Regards

Zoltán

Hello , check SDCRR in F4211 Currency rate , different ones split in n invoices

Matt,

Yesss, That's what it is!!!!.

I initiated a call with JDE last night and it appears it is an IBM issue.

I will check this link you sent too before we do anything.

They have however suggested a workaround to run invoices locally - we thought we will try this in PY first.

will update you guys soon.

thanks Matt and Zoltan - i very much appreciate your help on this.

thanks
sheeba

Matt - from the link you sent - it appears many of them have this issue after the update on the as/400 . and it also suggest 2 temp fixes - either run the invoices locally (instead of the server) else apply this temp fix (thought will try this too)- the temp fix is posted by KJA

-------------
We patched the report with a "Temporary workaround".

As we diagnosed the error was occuring due to the fact that the Do Section (Phase 1 Build) was processing the same record twice.

Temp Fix:
Store the DOCO,DCTO,KCOO,LNID at the very last of the DO SECTION.
In the begining of the DO SECTION we used to check BC DOCO,DCTO,KCOO,LNID against the Section variables.

If they match we skipped the entire process.

This is kind of a crude way to do it. But we ran out of options.

We are still investigating the issue. We can duplicate this issue at will on our CUSTOM RXX42565. It would happen every 10th Line. But this issue occurs only when the RXX42565 is submitted to SERVER. Does not fail when submitted locally hence we were unable to debug.

Yes, we tooo went for V5R3 and SP23_H1 upgrade and hence not able to say if it is V5R3 OR SP23 related.

KJ
--------------------------------

will update you guys if the temp fix worked.

thanks for all your help.
rgds
sheeba

All,

I applied the temp fix as suggested - but unfortunately it doesnot seem to like it. The invoice behanves same as old.

I tried two ways :

1. I compared BC values to PC values and if they are the same ignore the main logic else process.

2. The temp fix suggested by VJA also did not work. Here is what i did :

===========================================================
SECTION: Phase 1 - Build Work File [GROUP SECTION] (S1)
===========================================================
OBJECT: SECTION
EVENT: Do Section
-----------------------------------------------------------

If BC Document (Order No, Invoice, etc.) (F4211) is equal to VA sec_DocOrderInvoiceE_DOCO
And BC Order Type (F4211) is equal to VA sec_OrderType_DCTO
And BC Order Company (Order Number) (F4211) is equal to VA sec_CompanyKeyOrderNo_KCOO
And BC Line Number (F4211) is equal to VA sec_LineNumber_LNID
Else
(DO THE MAIN LOGIC)
End If

VA sec_DocOrderInvoiceE_DOCO = BC Document (Order No, Invoice, etc.) (F4211)
VA sec_OrderType_DCTO = BC Order Type (F4211)
VA sec_CompanyKeyOrderNo_KCOO = BC Order Company (Order Number) (F4211)
VA sec_LineNumber_LNID = BC Line Number (F4211)

I donot see what i am missing - but the SOs still get split to multiple invoice numbers.

I understand a lot of you out there have got this to work with this temp fix. Have you done any different from what i have done above?

Please advise.

thanks
sheeba

Not sure why that does not work. I cut paste the code that works here. IT seems to be the same.
Also try adding the next status code in the data selection (though it is already specified in the processing options)

Listing of ER for Report: Print Invoices w/ Commissions (R5642565)

=======================================================================
SECTION: Phase 1 - Build Work File [GROUP SECTION] (S1)
=======================================================================
OBJECT: SECTION
EVENT: Do Section
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

0001 // ===========================================================
0002 /
0011 If VA sec_DocumentOrderInvoiceE_DOCO is equal to BC Document (Order No, Invoice, etc.) (F4211)
And VA sec_CompanyKeyOrderNo_KCOO is equal to BC Order Company (Order Number) (F4211)
And VA sec_LineNumber_LNID is equal to BC Line Number (F4211)
And VA sec_OrderType_DCTO is equal to BC Order Type (F4211)
0012 Else

End If
1859 // ===========================================================
1860 //
1868 //
1869 VA sec_LineNumber_LNID = BC Line Number (F4211)
1870 VA sec_OrderType_DCTO = BC Order Type (F4211)
1871 VA sec_CompanyKeyOrderNo_KCOO = BC Order Company (Order Number) (F4211)
1872 VA sec_DocumentOrderInvoiceE_DOCO = BC Document (Order No, Invoice, etc.) (F4211)
1873 // ===========================================================

Back