R47002C?

Saju

Hello Friends,
Has any one succesfully executed R47002C on the server ever? I was able to run it locally, but cannot run on the server. I read in the forum somewhere that it is not meant to run on the server, is it true?
Also I cannot populate the date fields from my flat file to E1, even when running locally.The dates are in mm/dd/yy format in the flatfile, as said in the JDE documentation.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards
Saju
E 8.10,iSeries

Hi Saju,
R47002C reads / writes flat files whose paths are contained in F47002, eg., C:\MyData\Invoices.csv.
When you run locally, R47002C looks to your C drive to get the data file.
When you run on the server, R47002 looks to the server C drive - NOT your C drive.
If you put the data file(s) on the server C drive, it should work ok serverside.
Re the dates, I always use a text column (eg., AA10) and then edit the date once the data is in there.
Hope this helps!!

HI GF, We run on AS400 and I doubt we can have a C drive on that system. Is it a program which is intended to run only on intel system?

Regards
Saju
E1 8.10 , iSeries

HI GF, We run on AS400 and I doubt we can have a C drive on that system. Is it a program which is intended to run only on intel system?

E1 8.10 , iSeries

R47002C should run on any platform. The pathname of the input file is pure text and should be in the format recognised by your operating system.
So, for Windows, C:\Inputfile.txt definitely works. I think \\server\share\Inputfile.txt should work as well but I cannot prove that as I am not hooked up to my office.
I am not familiar with AS/400 so cannot offer an example.

Back