Checking a string or numeric value with in limits(one is numeric and other string)

sreenu

Hi

I need to check program-id field which can be string or number,so that it lies with in a range having string as lower limit and number as upper limit(can be reverse also).If the program-id is with in the limits, i have to make a call to an application.Is there any way to check this,or simply if i give like

If VA program_id less than program_idHigh
And VA program_id greater than program_idLow
call(P55962:W55962A).
Endif
program_idHigh can be number or string similarly program_idLow.
Will it work if i write as mentioned above.I guess it is not working since its not calling the application.

I need assistance in solving.
Thanks in advance.

Srinivas

Re: Checking a string or numeric value with in limits(one is numeric and other string)

Srinivas,
I think you need to extract individual character in the string and then match to get the correct result. There are BSFN avalibale to extract characters from string or you can also use Substr function to do it.

Thanks,

Re: Checking a string or numeric value with in limits(one is numeric and other string)

Srinivas,

Can you give example of what the variables could be? Curious on the logic behind this also.

VA program_id
program_idHigh
VA program_id
program_idLow

Angelis

hi

I am working on the string comparision.I wrote a sample code in NER.I am extracting each character in the string and comparing the corresponding character in the string(of upper and lower limits) and checking it.

I need to know how string comparision occurs in JDEdwards.I am attaching the code.

Please assist me on solving this.
Thanks in advance.

Srinivas

Attachments

• 112664-CODE.txt
    654 bytes · Views: 158
Back