Application works fine in Fat Client but not in Thin Client

max_xx

Well Known Member
Hi,

There is a standard appliction - P0411 (Petty Cash). It is working fine in fat client but the next number generation in this application is not working in Thin Client.

We have generated the application but still the problem is occuring. The generation is successful.

Can there be a case wherein the application works fine in fat client but it does not work in thin client even after generation.

Thanx a lot in advance

Regards,
Irfan

Hello, Irfan-- You might try building an update package for just that object and reinstall it on the terminal server to see if that helps.

Keep us posted on your findings! Feel free to post as many details as you can!

Yes. I have seen numerous situations where the application behaves differently for a variety of reasons. The event rules post in a different manner because of the architecture being different. That being said, is this application "vanilla"? Is there row security set-up in the system? Also, have you tried turning on the JAS debug to determine if an I/O failure occurs?

Irfan,

There can be a lot of caching that takes place on the Web/JAS Servers. Try restarting the JAS instance(s) and then see if you still have issues.

Best Regards,

Sanjeev

Hello,
Login in FAT Client by J* [say your environment JPY] and then run that application and see if it runs from here.we will check if appl. works from J* FAT.

Yes, I have seen many cases where an application will work correctly on a Fat client but does not work on a server. I many cases where a UBE does not work when submitted I try to run it locally first on a Fat Client before I do a lot of analysis. Have you tried creating a full package for the object and deploy it to the server where it is not running from?

hi evrybdy,

Well, i tried to run that application from JPD, it ran perfectly well, generating the next number.

Than i discussed the problem again with the functional consultant. He said that the next number is generating but it is not visible on the screen if we are using thin client but it is visible when we are using fat client.

If we corss check that field from some other application than the next number value generated is seen.

Does anybody know what can be the issue.
Thankx

Regards,
Irfan

We have a similar situation here. I have added a raw exit on P4310, built an update package and installed it on fat clients and thin clients. Installation completed successfully. However, the new raw exit can be seen in fat clients but not in thin clients. The package was installed on thin clients through command line.

Back