Finite Capacity Planning

Nova614

If my manufacturing capacity is limited...does JDEdwards help me in capacity planning with finite capacity?

If not, does JDEdwards offer any alternative/work around or additional module to help on this aspect?

If any one of you is using it, can you provide the feedback suitability/ pain points?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Nova 614

Hi Nova614,

There is Advanced Planning Solutions (APS) suite from JDE that does the job of finite planning which is constraint based planning. That product was acquired by JDE some 5-6 years back. You can solve your planning problems such linear programming, transportation type of problems which are basically constraint based planning issues. Capacity limitation is one of your constraints that you can build in your set of constraints and APS gives you the optimum product mix considering and satisfying all your constraints.

This product is also interfaced with OneWorld Xe.

Thanks and regards,
Ajit

yes APS (former) numetrix is the answer.
If the problem is a scheduling / short term problem
investigate menu g3115 rate scheduling where there are some
(very) basic finite scheduling applications.

regards
Denis

Denise, thanks for the inputs, I shall explore and get back if I need any more inputs.
thanks again.

APS Features

Hello Everyone...

We are currently using JDEdwards Planning (MPS/MRP/CRP) and we would like to migrate to JDE-APS system. Some of the key features we are looking in this migration is Finite Scheduling and Forward Scheduling. I know JDE - APS supports finite scheduling, can sombody help me, wehther it can support forward scheduling as well.

Thanks

Re: APS Features

Hi Darius,

I don’t know if my reply is exactly what you need.
My understanding of forward scheduling: Planning the tasks from the date resources become available
There is general solver option that allows you to decide whether it is forward scheduling or backward scheduling.
For instance when your schedule is from Monday to Friday and you have work orders that takes two days of manufacture it (with required date on Friday) – APS will schedule it on Monday and Thuesday when using forward scheduling and it will schedule it on Thursday and Friday when using backward scheduling.

Regards,
Michal

Back