P4210 - Order Address override

Djohnson

Djohnson

Well Known Member
Anyone know how to disable the capability of taking the row exit to Order Address and modifying, in the instance, the ship to address on the fly. Apparently there are some mis-sues of this capability and all will suffer due to a few.

Application is P4006 within the P4210 sales order entry program.

If you just want to disallow them clicking that exit. In the security workbench setup 'Exit Security'. When you go in there, you can filter by application, at which point you will be able to see all of the exits for that app, and add/remove security accordingly.

You could use security to lock down the HyperExit (row exit) and/or application security to lock down the P4006.

- Scott

Security Workbech is the simple solution. The challenge comes when you have status criteria. Standard JDE will alow you to make chanfes to the F4006 record regardless of the order status.

I've been at a site previously where they modified the P4006 screen so the OK button was disabled after the orders Next Status passed a point (can't remember if the status was controlled by a PO or UDC).

Turns out we have Action and Application security turned on for *PUBLIC, which basically gives all users access, well at leat those with order entry access. By removing Action security from *PUBLIC, I was able to kill the OK button. Of course, NOW I have loads of unhappy campers. They have gotten used to this nice and useful JDE ferature. They will be forced to create a new A/B record for every slight mod to sold and ship to addresses.
frown.gif

I believe sales order processing is the only place with this ability. Know any others?

Back