How to generate OP from SO

kikoillana

Is it possible to create automatically a purchase order from a sales order through P4210?

I know the possibility of using a line type W generating a work order with an outside operation creating purchase order OO/X. But I am looking to generate directly the purchase order.

Thanks for your help.

There is option to generate transfer order called as ST/OT which is used for inter branch transfer. May be you can explore more on this option if its feasible for you.

Thanks,

Not many details from your message. Just for your information Kanban also allows the SO/PO created at the same time.

Regards,
John Hsiao, E811 SP1 Update1

Look at Line Type 'D' if what you want is direct ship from vendor to customer.

And then there's Return Material Authorizations in Service Management, which also allow you to create SO and PO documents simultaneously. Lots of ways to skin this cat.

Guys, Girls,
I came across this post while searching for an answer to the same question. I am also looking for a simple way to generate a purchase order from a sales order in 8.9. The item needs to be a regular stocked item, but we will never hold any stock of the item (so the PO qty will be the same as the SO qty). I have tried setting the IDC1 flag - generate purchase order - on the line type constants (P40205) but can't get the PO to create. I know I could possibly use the PO generator P43011, but want the PO creation to be as simple as possible. All help appreciated.
Regards ... A

Look at Line Type 'D' if what you want is direct ship from vendor to customer.
I am trying to better understand "D" line types, and when they should be used. The docs say: "The item in this line is an inventory item that will not affect availability or quantities." What does it mean to be an "inventory item" but in which the line "will not affect availability"?

And when would I use an "N" line type, defined as "The item is not an inventory item."? Both N and D are defaulted to: "Generate Purchase Order": "Select to specify whether the system generates a purchase order for the line."

Back