McAfee and Web Client Performance......so slow

cdawes

VIP Member
Ok just so happens that when it comes to Anti-Virus my forte is in Symantec and Trend Micro and not McAfee.

My issue is that with McAfee running on the client web performance is hindered. I'm not saying it brutal but it's much slow than when I turn off the McAfee Antivirus on the CLIENT. When I have Norton running on the client I don't see the same issues.

The main areas of performance issues are:
1) Opening a Menu takes a very long time (4 - 10 seconds). With no antivirus I barely blink.
2) Application load time takes 3 - 5 seconds with McAfee and 1 - 2 seconds with out McAfee.
3) Find operations take x2 to x3 times longer with McAfee.

Does anyone have similar issues? How did you resolve it? Can you configure McAfee to just ignore http traffic from a specific website or URL? I don't want to say do something stupid and stop script scanning on JSP's.

Thanks,

Colin

Hi
We had the same issue. It was caused by McAfee scanning java scripts. You need to configure McAfee to NOT scan java scripts.

Mikey,

I'm not so sure about turning off java script scanning and the impact on security. I think my client might toss me out the door if I even mention that but it's worth a try. Could you possibly send me a screen shot showing where to configure this on the client?

Do you have McAfee on the servers as well? If so have you made the change here as well?

Ideally I'd just like to have McAfee not scan anything I put into the list of Trusted Sites. Anyone know how to configure this level of granularity (if possible)?

Thanks,

Colin

Back