Thread: renaming pdf output file name

renaming pdf output file name

Hello,
    I am a long time E1 developer but new to Optio. I have what seems to be a simple project: copy a pdf in it's entirety (no change of layout necessary) and rename the output using a 'smart name' that can be derived by some keys fields in the pdf.

For example, R5612345_VERS0001_070105.pdf might be renamed to R5612345_TRISAM.pdf where TRISAM is a business unit that is printed in the header of the pdf.

I have been playing with Optio and I can create an output file but I haven't been able to figure out how to rename it.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

8.0 SP22
    Sun
    Oracle 9i

Re: renaming pdf output file name

spiderbaby,

You might look into using the SYSTEM command. Construct a rename command line in Optio and then execute it from within Optio. I don't know for sure if this will work, but it might be worth a try.
    Don Sauve
    Wagstaff, Inc.
    E1 9.2, Win2016, SQL Server 2016, TR 9.2.2.6, WebLogic 12.2.1, BI Publisher

Thanks for the reply! I actully just found some instructions on the optio web site. Searched for 'filename' and there was a post that tells how to do it.
    8.0 SP22
    Sun
    Oracle 9i

OK. so using the SYSTEM command I am issuing a mkdir command and it works fine when I do it on my client using Document Preview. However, when I use Optio Text Viewer it fails, and the trace log tells me to check the fatal log. I cannot find the fatal log..even when I change the settings ont he Text Viewer to send the fatal log to a specfic file, it doesn't show up. So I am not sure what the problem is. Any thoughts?

Also I am an administrator on that server so it shouldn't be an issue with rights.

Thanks.
    8.0 SP22
    Sun
    Oracle 9i

I use Design Studio 7.8 with EcomIntegrate 7.7.
    In most cases when using the Text Viewer the TRACE, WARNING & FATAL .LOG files will be found on the Optio EcomItegrate server. It defaulted to the ....
    \All Users\Application Data\Optio\OECI\7.7\errors folder.
    If in TextViewer that you give it a custom file name it still will go to the default directory on the EcomIntegrate server.

Using the Code Before & Code After with some programming lines you can direct it to other places. I do not have that DCL code readily available though. sorry.

JBX
    JBX

Thread Information