Cycle Count

BJoseph

Hi All,

I am having a problem with Cycle Count Update (R41413). Every time the Cycle Count is updated the quantity on hand is increased ten times (Quantity on Hand is multiplied by ten). This had happened with Sales Order Quantities too, but that happened intermittently. If any one have encountered a similar situation or know a solution to this problem please help.

Thanks

JDE - 7334, Service Pack - 23, Revision - 8
AS400/DB2

Tigerbob,

A couple questions/suggestions that may help. Have you applied any ESU's or other mod's to the cycle count update program recently?

Also, when you submit cycle count update, are you running this in a single-threaded batch queue on your server? We had an instance shortly after our go-live where a user ran the update on our server, but it wasn't in a single-threaded queue and we ended up with double updates.

No there is no new ESU's applied and no mod's to the Cycle count update program. It is run by the user and it is not on a scheduler. The issue is the it only happens sometimes not on every run. Also the quantity is reduced 10 times. Hope this helps.

Thanks

This might be caused by your version of Client Access. Check the MTR for the correct current version.

How are display decimals set up for your inventory quantity fields? I always suspect QTYINV issues when someone tells me they are getting 10x / 100x. Especially since you say it was also happening in Sales. You may have a DD item buried somewhere that didn't get set correctly.

We had applied an AS/400 service pack SI18651 back in November, 2005. This is when it first appeared. It went away for a while then it resurfaced about a month ago. Is there any patches out there.

I checked all DD for the decimal display and they are all set to zero. I didn't find anything unusual about the DD's either.

Back