Missing Find | Add | Delete icons in Address Book in web application or fat client

Bdog2020

Hi There,
All of a sudden, we can login just fine, but when we open up the Address Book, the Find, Add and Delete icons are missing from the toolbar, search stuff is missing, and fields are grayed out.

Any ideas? Thanks.
B

Re: Missing Find | Add | Delete icons in Address Book in web application or fat client

Has someone changed any security settings lately? Can the PSFT user see these icons while logged in?

Re: Missing Find | Add | Delete icons in Address Book in web application or fat client

m@dm@x--thanks for your reply. No security changes per se, but it was, in part, a security problem.

Forgive a less than correct technical explanation here, relaying this info from other team members but it's not really stuff I understand. Team got support from PeopleSoft/Oracle on the issue and got it resolved.

Really two different problems. One, we had environments mapped directly to users, rather than groups. The team remapped environments to groups, rather than individuals at the tech's recommendation. The JAS log showed "cannot allocate additional resources" and etc types of errors.

So, the team did an IPL, and rebooted the Windows Websphere server after that. Same problem though, missing icons in either fat or web client. The problem: the IPL didn't clear the IPC.

Once the team manually cleared the IPC, with environments already remapped to groups rather than users, then everything worked just fine, icons back in action, web and fat client.

Well, I'm happy to hear you are up and running again. I actaully had someone blow away rights to PSFT for action security the other day. That was really fun.

Back