Payment Instrument and Payee

svdgi

People,

I am trying to pay my vendor's using a payee. And in my case all my vendors are being set to be paid by payee i.e. they are vendor (an8) is different than payee (an8).

My next criteria , I also want to use a separate set of payment instrument for my payee.

So , when payment groups are created, they should be created by that payment instrument.

And what I have observed is Payment Instrument is time stamped on vouchers when vouchers are created/posted from vendor master record and not payee set up for that vendor.

How do we create payment groups related for that payee and use payee's payment instrument while processing payments.

Any ideas ?????

Hello SVDGI,
I have an solution for your problem but I am just wondering that if everytime you are paying to payee number for those suppliers then why don't you change the Pay instrument of payee in Address Book of supplier.
But let me tell you the way out :-
1.If you have same pay instument in one bank then you can go to G04411 in that you will find Payment Instument default here you can specify pay instument for bank even if you are using 2 pay instruments for one bank still you can do that only thing is that you should have 2 different reports & 2 different version for that.
2.If payment are limited then what you can do is on Payment Approval screen P0411s you can select al the pay items by filtering on payee number & then in Global Update we can chage the pay instrument for all items what ever we want to pay.
3.One more possiblity is that in Create payment group report in processing options in Select Tab there is Minimum & Maximum pay instrument option I think you can use that also.
4.In Processing option of Create payment group there is Tab of Process By in which you can put 1 in Payee field I think you can use this also.

So bsed on your requirement try any of these & please let me know.

Regards.

MANDAR

Back