OS400 levels and Xe Foundation code?

rhunt01

Well Known Member
Way out of touch CNC admin here (actually - I'm flat out doing other stuff now). We have been sitting pretty on OneWorld Xe running foundation SP21_E1 for years now. Our current installation does everything we want it to so we are sitting tight to let the dust settle.

However, I would like to upgrade our AS400 from V5R2 to either V5R3 or V5R4 (preferably R4) this year but I have no idea whether B7333 will support OS400 beyond V5R2.

All my old links still go to the old JDE KG - can someone throw some free advise and a few Oracle links so I can get this worked out?

Thanks

If you go to V5R3, you'll need to upgrade your service pack level to SP23, SP23_L2 is the first to support V5R4. You need to go to the peoplesoft support site to get most information. Rotsa Ruck!

Hi,
As rightly said, Xe on V5R3 onwards is supported only on SP23.. SP23_L2 has a known issue with server update packages. This was fixed with SP23_M2 and an ESU.
Cheers !

Thanks. I am looking for information on deployment server related to SP23_N1...or maybe an MTR document. Basically, I am trying to make sure that installing SP23+* in preparation for OS/400 V5R4 is not going to screw up our central object repository. CO currently reside on an SQL 7.0 Enterprise box. Will SQL 7.0 still be alright?

RH

This is probably a "dumb" question .. but why don't you upgrade your
SQL7 DB to 2000?

Re: RE: OS400 levels and Xe Foundation code?

There is no upgrade path from SQL 7.0 to 2000 so you have to purchase a new license. That being said, 2 x $24,999 per proc (price for enterprise at the new SQL 2005 cost)=$49,998 is the primary reason. The deployment server will likely be upgraded when we upgrade our OneWorld product - which is still a couple of years out. We have never had a technical problem with the server or the SQL installation so it is completely stable. However, IBM will no longer be supporting V5R2 as of this October and that is support we really need. So, the Xe foundation code will be updated when we upgrade OS/400. As far as JDE goes, it is doing what we need and it's stable. The ONLY thing we've intalled for JDE in the past three years is W2 tax ESUs.

Ryan

Re: RE: OS400 levels and Xe Foundation code?

I'd be happy just to hear from someone that is on SP23 with a SQL 7.0 deployment server (or seen it). If you're out there, have you had any problems?

Back