Event rule Not executing only in Debugger

Walter Brink

Hello List,

Have added some code to the Line is Exited and Changed (Asynchronous) Event in the grid of the P1721. First thought that the data selection was too tight but after removing the dataselection I found out that het event rule PS Button (refers to a button on the Exit bar (cop Selected row)) is not executed.

It only works when I use the debugger. Deleted the line and added it agian.No result. Have renamed the button etc.. Only works in debugger. Have read something about thios befor but can;t seem to find it.

Does it ring a bell with someone?

Look forward to your replies.

Best regards

Hi Walter

Sounds like a timing issue. Is you ER dependent on output from a BSFN, eg. are you looking to update an order no which is supposed to be created by a BSFN ?

Sati

When you run the debugger, it runs events in Synch mode. You will need to move that event to the Inline event. Is
there any specific reason for putting it in the Asynch mode ?

Hi there,

if you search the Knowledge Garden for this string "Press Button AND debug" you 'll find some items explaining what's going on. The bad news is that the problem seems to go back to the windows level, and JDE does not take further action on it. I succeeded in overcoming the problem by inserting a (dummy) Form Interconnect right before the Press Button event rule I had the problem with (call a dummy Form which is immediately closed via ER code in Dialog Initialized). This solved the issue in my case.

Success.

Back