Transport:8.10: building loads from multiple depots?

MikeA

Business scenario: We have depots belonging to different branch plants that often supply the same client. We would like to consolidate shipments from the two depots into a load but currently we cannot because P4960 only permits one depot/branch plant per load.

Does anyone know of a workaround for this?

Desired Flow:

Depot1/Branch plant1 to Depot2/Branch plant2 to Customer
Shipment 1 + Shipment 2 = Load

It's very possible, just need to change the setup.

Under "Load Types" P49003 (in the Transportation Setup menu) there is a switch for "Multiple Pickup Allowed". Check this on, then you'll be able to combine shipments from multiple warehouses into one load. Make sure that you're using the correct load type when you build the load.

Hi
I was trying to simulate the situation as follows:
Keep the planning depot as 30 and select a shipment from Br.plant M30 and another shipment from Br.Plant 30. With this I completed the Load. Now the issue is can we have 2 planning Depots for the same load, for which you had suggested to activate the check box in P49003. After this, how am i to give 2 planning depots for a single load? Guess I have got the whole thing wrong. Can you kindly explain me the requirement and your solution so that i can understand the business significance of 'Multiple Pickup Allowed' check box.
Thanks for your time.

We have checked Multiple Pickup Allowed in P49003 for our default load type and we can combine shipments, but not ones from depots belonging to different branch plants.
Is this a scenario you have managed to set up?
Any thoughts on settings that might be blocking me?
Thanks

Did anyone ever figure this out? I are trying to build a load to pick up at two different origin points and deliver to the same (or multiple) destinations? Here are some screen shots of our settings and the error message I get.

P49003 Load Types has Multiple Pickup Allowed checked.

P49003 load type.jpg

P49002 Transportation Constants lists these shipment depots (NMCU) and branch plants (MCU).

P49002 Trans Constants.PNG

When I use the copy function to add additional Shipment Depots to the Branch plant, I get a Duplicate Key error.

P49002 Trans Constants Dup Key error.jpg

Same thing if I reverse the shipment depot and branch plant.

P49002 Trans Constants Dup Key error2.jpg

The planning depot from the load header is VMCU.

Planning Depot VMCU.jpg

When I try to build a load using 9500 as the VMCU and choose orders from two different branch plants, I get a pickup/deliver pickup/deliver load stop sequence. What I want is a pickup/pickup deliver/deliver sequence. Any ideas?

E1: 49: Doc ID 2262516.2

Now that I have access to the Oracle Knowledge Garden, I found this in Doc ID 2262516.2. See attachment.

Back