F41021 Other Quantities on A8.1

tpayne

tpayne

Reputable Poster
I just started work with a new client who is using A8.1 - my past experience is with A7.3 and I don't currently have access to Oracle to find the changes, so hopefully one of you resident guru's can help.

I noticed that there are new fields on the F41021 file for Other Quantities, LIOT1P, LIOT2P and LIOT1A. Do you know if these are used (ie: set or cleared) by JDE programs, or just for Customised use?

I also see fields LIQTRI and LIQTRO (Qty Inbound/Outbound) but I don't remember if these existed in A7.3.

We are trying to pre-confirm inventory allocations for our sales orders and need to have some type of committed field updated, outside of the normal JDE committed settings. It's a really complex scenario that would take far too long to explain and is out of the scope of the question, but ideally we would like to use 1 of these fields.

Thanks in advance.
Tony Payne

---------------------
Tony Payne - Senior Analyst/Programmer
Dole Fresh Flowers, Miami, Florida
--------------------
7 yrs JDE World Financials / Sales / Manufacturing
V5R3 / A8.1 cum5

Tony,

The fields that you mention are optional fields for commitments but do
not have to affect available quantities. The Other 1 and Other 2 fields
we use for Blanket Orders and Quotes and are used based on processing
options is the Order Entry programs, P4211, P40211Z, etc. But in the
Branch Plant Constants they are not defined as a part of the Available
Quantity. The order detail record has a field, SDOTQY, that tells the
commitment program where to uncommit from when hard committing the
inventory.

Hope this helps as there are other users on the forum that have this
down better than me.

Re: RE: F41021 Other Quantities on A8.1

Thanks very much George.
It doesn't look as if we have any of those fields populated, nor the SDOTQY field, so we can probably use these without any problems.
Also, by setting the SDOTQY field in an order, I would hope that the Inventory update processing would automatically take care of any allocations, so we would not have to update this.
I guess I'm going to find out soon enough...

Re : Re: RE: F41021 Other Quantities on A8.1

Thanks very much George.
It doesn't look as if we have any of those fields populated, nor the SDOTQY field, so we can probably use these without any problems.
Also, by setting the SDOTQY field in an order, I would hope that the Inventory update processing would automatically take care of any allocations, so we would not have to update this.
I guess I'm going to find out soon enough...

Yes, but please keep in mind that is going to be affected to the location when you change secondary to primary.
because committed Qty still remained on the inventory (F41021).

Back