User Format Deleting

Matt2k5

Hi,
I am having an issue with one user on one app where when he logs out and back in to JDE OW his user formats on the grid are gone. No other users are having this problem on this app and he is able to save his formats on other apps.

What I have done so far:
Deleted SQL packages
Deleted his info from F98950 and F98BLOB. I don't know what else to try.

We are on XE SP23.

Thanks for the help.

Hi,

I have seen this before.

I would say that you have got corrupt grid records that are still associated (in there own peculiar way) with the user. So when you create new ones they re-associate themselves with the new ones.

To cure this you need to do one more step to what you have done so far.

After deleteing the UO's for that user look at the table (either through the UO app or at the database level) and search for all entries where the user id is less than A or Greater than ZZZ.

If you are using the UO app the user id may appear as blank or hieroglyphics. You need to delete these also, they are the real cause of the problem.

I used to have this issue daily when I joined my last company, and after a few weeks of monitoring the F98950 table for these corrupt records and deleting them (alongside users reporting problems with there user ids we soon almost eradicated the problem.

The problem prolifigated itself where we had users who's formats were copied from a user who's formats were originally corrupt, BUT as I say a bit of intensive management will soon reduce the impact of the issue.

Back