JDE Message at logon from Terminal Server

CNC Pro

Hello Folks,

I have an odd one here that I hope we can find a fix for..

Situation:
We have 8 Citrix terminal servers ( Metaframe Presentation) in our terminal server farm. One of the eight is giving us the following error message when logging in JDE

“ You are not licensed to execute this application. For more information please contact your JDE Sales Representative”

What has been done to resolve the issue:
-(Test on FAT client) Uninstalled JDE through the uninstall wizard to make sure that all the reg entries are also removed and reinstalled package on XP FAT client. No problems when logging on.

-( terminal server) Uninstalled JDE through the uninstall wizard to make sure that all the reg entries are also removed and reinstalled package on terminal server. No problems logging onto JDE locally on the terminal server but when going through the Citrix portal the above mentioned error message pops up.

-Check registry setting on the terminal server. Still same message pops up

Question :
Why is this message popping up only on the one terminal server and how can it be resolved?

Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Install Config :
- JDE OneWorld Xe SP22 Update 1
- Ent Serv = AS400
- Dep Serv = W2K, SQL2K
- Clients = Win2003 - Citrix MetaFrame Presentation ver3

As part of your Citrix implementation are you remapping drives? If not then try deleting the jdesecuni.xds jdesecuni.dds, jdeauthuni.xds and jdeauthuni.dda. This should prompt you to get authorization.

We had this same issue. Here is what you have to check. You have to have a c:\ drive on the citrix server. There is no way around this. Second, your users have to have security to view the security files on the c:\. The other post posted the file names so I won't duplicate.

Good luck.

Does anyone know if this is still the case with 8.12? Does Denver still hardcode the search for jdeauthuni.dda, etc. to C:\ ?

[ QUOTE ]
We had this same issue. Here is what you have to check. You have to have a c:\ drive on the citrix server. There is no way around this. Second, your users have to have security to view the security files on the c:\. The other post posted the file names so I won't duplicate.

Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi,

Yes, it's still being hardcoded to C:\, old habits never die!
On the other hand, E8.12 is Web-pure so the only Fat clients
you're gonna need are Developer Workstations.

[ QUOTE ]
... the only Fat clients
you're gonna need are Developer Workstations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is exactly what I need it for.

Back