Multiple security servers

JohnHn

JohnHn

I was wondering if anyone has more than one security server in place. We are considering implementing a second security server. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John,

That is very doable. We have that set up here. you just need to make sure that the security kernal is running on your other servers. Then you modify the client INI to have a prmary and secondary security server.

Thanks Greg, Then it's as easy as it looks in the People Books? I'll give it a try and get it going.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Greg, Then it's as easy as it looks in the People Books? I'll give it a try and get it going.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a big "people"yes! It's a good practice too, in case you want to take a server down for maintanence, your users have something else to authenticate against.

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America

Change jde.ini for the following lines.
[SECURITY]
NumServers=2
SecurityServer=Svr01
Securityserver2=Svr02

First server will be the alternative server. Second server should be main ES. It will reduce the security kernel load on the ES.

To activate this on clients same modification should be done on all clients.
If your using WTS, change main jde.ini(c:\winnt\jde.ini) on the WTS server. Then delete the jde.ini from all the clients profile. When the user connect next time, jde.ini will be copied to his profile.

This modification should be done on Deployment server jde.ini which is used in the Full package building. Otherwise whenever the full package demployment done, it will reset the jde.ini of the client old settings.

Back