Map UBE to run on another AS400

rommel13

rommel13

Stupid question category, please...
We have installed E810 on our low-end AS400 (2 way, 820) and testing has gone very well against a full upgraded copy of PD7333(DV810)on the box, EXCEPT, we cannot get decent performance out of the R07200 UBE when processing more than 160 users for payroll (even then performance is not the best). We do not have performance issues with any other UBE in E810. Is there a way to map this single UBE to run on the larger AS400 to take advantage of the processors there without E810 installed on that box?

Is the bigger AS/400 a part of your current JDE installlation or is it a seperate instance of OW. I don't know if a way unless you have JDE services running on the AS/400 and it is a part of your current installation.

The bigger AS400 is not defined, yet, in the E810 configuration. It is running XE but the two boxes don't know about each other via OW, only via OS400 config.

What seems to be the performance issue on the UBE in question? Maybe that is the place to start? Are there enough kernel jobs available? Anything in wait status? What about DB/2 any index suggestions? HAve you tried to use any DB/2 job monitoring via the Ops Nav tools. i see it is a 2 way. Do you have SMP turned on? (if you have it)Just some thoughts. Anyway, I believe the other 400 will need to be setup as a login server to do what you want to do.

Back