ER Compare

DJH

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone has has this problem before:
I am using ER Compare to retrofit mods to an app. The app has 4 edit fields which wont match up even though they are the same field! I have gone in to FDA and rewritten the titles but they still wont match when I compare. There are a load of changes in these 4 fields so I really need to match them up so I can copy the mods in.
What does ER comapare use to match the fields? I thought it was the title but it must have something else affecting it.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

DJH,

You have validated that the fields are EXACTLY the same type?

Are you ERC'ing from on installation to the previous (8.x to XE)? If so - take a look at the DD; the fields could be defined differently. Don't change the DD without a lot of review.

Just a thought

(db)

Hi, thanks for your reply, yes they are the same DD type and both objects are at ERP8.0 level, one in our ESU environment and one in our DV environment which we have added custom code to.

Hi DJH,

[ QUOTE ]
What does ER comapare use to match the fields?

[/ QUOTE ]

OW/E1 use internal object "next" IDs to identify fields/controls on a Form. I know, this is not a good news for you, sorry.

You can check this ID in ER Compare > View > User Options > Show Object ISs - though the fields on the bottom of the window is too narrow and not horizontaly scrollable
frown.gif

You can see Object IDs also in ER Browser, right clicking on a line and select Show Object IDs.

Regards,

Zoltán

Back