Julian Date Converter

Vladimir Bystrov

Julian Date Converter is a simple utility to convert between E1 (former J.D.Edwards) internal representation of the date (CYYDDD format known as Julian date) and Gregorian date formats.

Note: Julian Date Converter is written in Visual Basic .NET 2003 and is built for .NET Framework v1.1. This means that the application will run only if version 1.1 of the common language runtime is present on the computer.

Microsoft provides a redistributable installer, Dotnetfx.exe, that contains the common language runtime and .NET Framework components that are necessary to run .NET Framework applications. If .NET Framework v1.1 is not installed on your machine, download and install the most recent version of Dotnetfx.exe from the Microsoft Download Center site.

Attachments

• 99775-ConvertJulianDate.zip
    15 KB · Views: 1,450
Vladimir,

You may not have known, but our free OWDLC offers this function among many others, such as Debug Logging On/Off, Delete "The 6 DD Files", Flush Caches, etc.

It does not require any additional software.

It's also downloadable from here (a different thread in this same forum), or directly from our site.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your comments, I have downloaded OWDLC and it looks good. One very insignificant comment though on Julian Date conversion utility in OWDLC: you are not limiting date selection, and as a result, 12/31/1899, for example, converts to 4294966661 (?).

I understand that my simple program is nothing new, and I untended to write it many-many years ago but I was too lazy until I get tired to go to actual code each time when I need Julian to Gregorian and vice versa conversions.

Thanks!

Vladimir

Yeah, I remember this program. Was not able to find it in the internet, so had to develop my own.
smile.gif

I'd found a copy of qdates and the web based one is very useful, thanks but what I'd like is a version that runs on Windows Mobile 5 so I could always have it with me.

If anyone fancies writing it...

Here's one I made years ago in MS Excel

Attachments

• 112924-Julian date converter.xls
    13.5 KB · Views: 747
A little late to the date conversion utility party, but I wrote JD8Calc a few years ago (April 2004) when I had a couple of hours in a hotel and was playing with VB.net. It's similar to QuikDate and Vladimir's Julian Date Conversion (especially Vladimir's since it requires the DotNet framework). In addition to using a calendar to select dates or fields to enter either JDE Julian or Gregorian calendar dates, it uses the system tray to show the last conversion (both JDE Julian and Gregorian). If you flip back over to your SQL utility and forget the last conversion, just hover over the system tray icon to display.

Back