Multiple Invoice Numbers - R42565

K J A

We made custom mod over R42565. It had been working fine, since we moved to a new AS/400 Machine Version 5 Release 3 V5R3 with SP23. SP23 is the other thing which we had upgraded to, along with the hardware/software upgrade.

The Issue is that RXX42565 creates a New Invoice Number for every 10th record in the SO.Say if the order is of 50 Lines we have 5 Invoice Numbers for the SO. However, when i run
the report on the LOCAL machine i just get a Invoice Number. This issue comes up, only when i submit the
report to the server. The jinx is that this error started showing up the day we moved to the NEW AS/400 V5R3 with SP23.

On studying the debuglogs, we identified the Do Section , for "some strange reason" picks up the same record twice and lands up creating a new invoice no. Did any one have this issue?

KJ
AS/400 i595 V5R3 XE SP23

Hi,

Have you built and deployed a full server package
after installing SP23? Have you then erased *SQLPKG
before restarting your JDE services?

Hi KJ,

We are having the same problem, but it is Intermittent. Only some Invoice will happen.
We had just move to V5R3 with a New i520 and Xe SP16.1 to SP23_L1.
We are still monitoring the status.

CH Wong
i520 V5R3, Xe SP23_L1, Win2K TSE, FAT Client, SQL 7 SP4.

This issue happens on R42565 in a random case. We are still pondering the reason as to why it is behaving so.Please keep me posted if you find anything. my email id : [email protected]

Hi Wong,

Would like to know if you had modified R42565. Is there any custom mods in it?

KJ

AS/400 i595 V5R3 XE SP23_H1

Hi KJ,

We had Copy the R42565 into RXX42565 and Modified heavily. We could not run the Original R42565 to test due to the Customized Function.
We are not sure is the problem related to the SP23 or the V5R3 OS/400.
Did you have any information to share? Our users are pressing for the solution.

i520 V5R3, Xe SP23_L1, SQL 7 SP4, Win2k TSE, FAT Client.

We patched the report with a "Temporary workaround".

As we diagnosed the error was occuring due to the fact that the Do Section (Phase 1 Build) was processing the same record twice.

Temp Fix:
Store the DOCO,DCTO,KCOO,LNID at the very last of the DO SECTION.
In the begining of the DO SECTION we used to check BC DOCO,DCTO,KCOO,LNID against the Section variables.

If they match we skipped the entire process.

This is kind of a crude way to do it. But we ran out of options.

We are still investigating the issue. We can duplicate this issue at will on our CUSTOM RXX42565. It would happen every 10th Line. But this issue occurs only when the RXX42565 is submitted to SERVER. Does not fail when submitted locally hence we were unable to debug.

Yes, we tooo went for V5R3 and SP23_H1 upgrade and hence not able to say if it is V5R3 OR SP23 related.

KJ

Hi KJ,

Thank for the info.
We will try the same method for the RXX42565 to resolve the problem first.

The checking should be done in the 1st Section (F4211) right?

CH Wong

Did you log a CALL with ORACLE on your issue? You could attach yourself to the Call#4062867

Hi,

we are also having the same problem, getting double records from V4211J. We also fixed it by skipping double records in the first section of R42565. Did you already get some news from oracle about what's really getting wrong.

We're having the same problems.

After we moved to a new iSeries and from V5R2M0 to V5R3M0 we encounter exactly the same problems. First we were thinking they were data/software related but after spending quite some time on it and reading this thread I'm pretty convinced that it's an V5R3M0 problem....

We're logging also a call and will refer to your call#

Richard.

As/400 i570 V5R3M0 XE SP23_J

Hi Guys,

Thanks for writing your comments in. I will be pursuing the case with Oracle from next week on, as i am currently tied up with other production issues. If any of you guys happen to get it to resolved , kindly update the thread

K J
AS/400 i595 V5R3 XE SP23_H1

Hi List,

We discovered that we have the issues regarding the Many Invoices on one SO order. Is there some folks who found the way to fix this or got any solid solutions from Oracle?
We spoke in Denver but to no avail.

Any help will be welcome.

Regards

For the info of this case...We had somebody working on this issue. The system will create X Invoices for one SO Order when the users add a condition in the Data Selection similar to the next status in the processing options.

So, if PO
FROM = 580
TO = 580

And user add in Data Selection:

NEXT Status = 580

You will get X invoices for in SO order on occasions.

Hope this will help people.

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know that we had the same issue in a project with EnterpriseOne 8.9 / 8.94_T1 on V5R3. After applying the same modifications as described in #99430 it was runnging fine.

So, it rather seems to be related to V5R3 than a specific E1 ToolsRelease.
Regards,
Matthias

Hi KJ,
We are running into similar issues with R42565. it creates multiple invoice no for an order and also writes twice to Sales Ledger with the same order info.
We are currently running on E1 8.10 and also upgraded to V5R3 recently. looks like everything is atttibuted to V5R3.

Apart from the Temp. Code Fix to R42565 (Rxx42565), have you got any resolution from Oracle or IBM in this regard.
Would you email me the details of Code Change. email me @ [email protected]
Thanks in advance.
regards
Prakash

Have you ever gotten any additional information to fixing this problem, we are getting multiple invoices after the 10th record, it is occurring in all environments.

[ QUOTE ]

Temp Fix:
Store the DOCO,DCTO,KCOO,LNID at the very last of the DO SECTION.
In the begining of the DO SECTION we used to check BC DOCO,DCTO,KCOO,LNID against the Section variables.

If they match we skipped the entire process.

This is kind of a crude way to do it. But we ran out of options.

KJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Is everyone using this code as a fix. I'm going to code this today in my invoice program and see if it fixes the problem!!!

Rob

Back