Multiple Invoice Numbers - R42565

Seems like this call was closed and never really work on by JDE or the customer.

Rob

[ QUOTE ]

Temp Fix:
Store the DOCO,DCTO,KCOO,LNID at the very last of the DO SECTION.
In the begining of the DO SECTION we used to check BC DOCO,DCTO,KCOO,LNID against the Section variables.

If they match we skipped the entire process.

This is kind of a crude way to do it. But we ran out of options.

KJ

[/ QUOTE ]

kj,

This fix actually worked, I ran it on the server with 3 difference days of problem data and they all came back clean. No multiply invoices.

We had setup a stop/page process in between of the invoice print R5542565 and R42800. If multiple invoices were found, then we stopped EOD, fixed the F4211 Data. The continued the run. Then the next day we pulled the bad invoices and reprinted them.

We thought at one time it might be the update packages causing this, but we installed a clean full package on the iseries and it was still causing bad data.

Rob

Hi Guys,

We are still running on the temp fix. Did anyone log a call with oracle and get the issue resolved. My call is closed owing to the reason that we were unable to provide the informations on the custom mod.

If any of you had resolved the issue without having to do the temp fix, please update the thread.

Thanks
KJ

Hi List,

We recently began experiencing this same problem in a customized version of R42565. For us, as far as we can tell, the problem started after applying the latest II13878 JDE APAR including IBM cum 6101 and group PTFs on 06/11/2006. We were already on V5R3, so it appears that one or more PTFs that were applied on 06/11 broke something related to or associated with R42565.

Has anyone had any further information from Oracle or anyone else about the cause and/or fix for this issue? Do you know what cum/group/SP level you were at when you had this problem? Are you still having the problem? If not, how did you get around the problem? Did you use the suggested code changes?

Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Harold

Hi,

Have you tried deleting *SQLPKG files (all except Q*)
and then bouncing JDE services?

We delete SQL packages and bounce services every Sunday. So yes we have tried that.

Thanks,

Harold

Hi KJ,

We have the same issue and are using the same workaround as you (except we just compare the PC's to the BC's)

We have a case open with Oracle but the cannot seem to reproduce the issue.

We're on the current V5R3M0 levels, SP23_j1 and SI23492.

We just tried this modification in the initial load section of R42565 and are having the same issue. We are running ERP SP 23 on V5R4. OOPS I set the variable as event variables not section.. going to retry.

Put in the suggested work around by KJ and R42565 is now working. THanks KJ!

I just tried you suggestion and R42565 in now functioning OK. Thanks for this posting.
We are at ERP 8.0 SP23 OS400 V5R4

??: Multiple Invoice Numbers - R42565

Dear List,
We are dealing with the similar problem of getting multiple invoice number for same order even with orders less than six order lines, we have also modified RXX42565XX after copying standard R42565 UBE.
This is happening after the service pack upgrade to SP23 / OS upgrade to V5R3. We are in OW Xe product.
We have logged a case with Oracle with no outcome yet, but we are trying to fix it temporarily with the development, as suggested in the list.
Anybody know about permanent resolution please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Kamal Ghosh

Re: ??: Multiple Invoice Numbers - R42565

If you look at Solution Id # 201008947 on Knowledge Garden it could offer a possible permanent solution.

Thanks,
Matt

Solution ID:

Summary:
E1: 42: R42565 sometimes creates 2 invoices for 1 SO
Details: E1: 42: R42565 sometimes creates 2 invoices for 1 SO

ISSUE:
When user runs R42565 using a list of orders in the data selection, sometimes the program gets the V4211J business view records (which are a UNION between F4211 and F42119) two times in a row. That causes the R42565 to increment the invoice# before it is finished processing all the lines for that order. The lines are not duplicated but the customer may get multiple invoices when all they need is a single invoice. Client recently upgraded OS/400 to V5R3.

SOLUTION:
Case 4081340 reports a similar issue. Customer was using OS/400 V5R2 on Enterprise Server. The problem was attributed to the tools release. The recommendation was to use multi-level foundation and move the development environment to SP23_L2 to include the fixes that are part of 8.94.R1. The issue is a known issue on the Tools side, but we are not sure which fix in 8.94.R1 would have fixed this issue. We recommended the client go to SP23_L2 and attempt to duplicate. We know from other client sites with the same issue that the tools upgrade solved the problem. For this client, the latest Tools release is SP23_M1.

All,

I applied the temp fix as suggested - but unfortunately it doesnot seem to like it. The invoice behanves same as old.

I tried two ways :

1. I compared BC values to PC values and if they are the same ignore the main logic else process.

2. The temp fix suggested by VJA also did not work. Here is what i did :

===========================================================
SECTION: Phase 1 - Build Work File [GROUP SECTION] (S1)
===========================================================
OBJECT: SECTION
EVENT: Do Section
-----------------------------------------------------------

If BC Document (Order No, Invoice, etc.) (F4211) is equal to VA sec_DocOrderInvoiceE_DOCO
And BC Order Type (F4211) is equal to VA sec_OrderType_DCTO
And BC Order Company (Order Number) (F4211) is equal to VA sec_CompanyKeyOrderNo_KCOO
And BC Line Number (F4211) is equal to VA sec_LineNumber_LNID
Else
(DO THE MAIN LOGIC)
End If

VA sec_DocOrderInvoiceE_DOCO = BC Document (Order No, Invoice, etc.) (F4211)
VA sec_OrderType_DCTO = BC Order Type (F4211)
VA sec_CompanyKeyOrderNo_KCOO = BC Order Company (Order Number) (F4211)
VA sec_LineNumber_LNID = BC Line Number (F4211)

I donot see what i am missing - but the SOs still get split to multiple invoice numbers.

I understand a lot of you out there have got this to work with this temp fix. Have you done any different from what i have done above?

Please advise.

KJA - how did your temp fix work? Is your code (temp fix) any different from mine? Any help will be greatly appreciated. This is a critical issue for us and we are trying to get this to work asap (althou i know this problem can be resolved when run locally thou). I have also opened a call with Oracle but no news yet
frown.gif

thanks
sheeba

Sheeba,=0A=0AEnsure ur payment terms are all ok....there are cases where R4 2565 splits the SO onto mulitple invoices....the one which we are discussin g here is a issue which occurred due to a upgrade=0A=0AK.J.A =0Aanandkj@yah oo.com=0A=0A

Anand,

Even our invoices were working correctly until the upgrade on the as400 we went from SP21 to SP23N1 and from AS400 5.2 to V5R4 about the same time.

There has been no code change.

I tried the temp fix as you suggested and it didnot work . Also today we tried running it on the NT server as suggested by Oracle.

Here is the issue i opened with Oracle:

When run the invoices, there are 2 invoices created for the same sales order. 2 of 3 lines may go to one and the other 2 to another invoice. This has been occurring since August. First noticed in October. Went from SP21 to SP23N1 at about the same time. AS400 5.2 to V5R4 about the same time.

See 201008947 as it indicates the exact problem, but the solution is not relevant as they are beyond that level.

Solution:
Here is an update on this issue. Over the last several months the developers from the iSeries database team have created some diagnostic code and implemented it at 2 client sites. In each case the results show the problem is with IBM. IBM has recently created what they called a "trap" to dig deeper into the IBM database code in order to determine the cause of the problem. This "trap" was implemented today at a client site and we are waiting to here from IBM what the results were. This will take some more time and IBM cannot give an ETA on the results or a potential fix.
Please keep in mind that this problem happens at all release levels from Xe to 8.11 SP1. We also now have a client that upgraded to the release above V5R3, which is V5R4, who is experiencing the same problem. We have reviewed the V5R4 logs and found the issue is the same.

All V5R3 clients report the workaround is to run the UBE locally or on any platform other than AS400. When a UBE is run locally ODBC is used instead of DBDR (AS400) to connect to the IBM database.

Both the workarounds didnot work for us
frown.gif

I will re-open our case with Oracle and see if problem is fixed with the ERP812 as we are moving into that in 2 or 3 months.

thanks
sheeba

The following ptf's are supposed to address this issue.
V5R3 - MF40752, V5R3M5 - MF40753, V5R4 - MF40754

We will be applying these ptf's over the weekend, hopefully it should resolve the issue.

Thanks.

I believe different terms on the line items will cause separate invoices, if
you haven't checked this yet.

[ QUOTE ]
The following ptf's are supposed to address this issue.
V5R3 - MF40752, V5R3M5 - MF40753, V5R4 - MF40754

We will be applying these ptf's over the weekend, hopefully it should resolve the issue.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

We've applied the PTF's on V5R4 and the problem does appear to be resolved.

Cheers,
JohnO

That is great news. I just wish that issues like this are made public on the Jde website. I guess we are on a need to know basis.
grin.gif

Back