Has anyone installed SP23_L1?

SULLY1

VIP Member
I downloaded it yesterday, but haven't applied it yet. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Patty

I've installed it on our PY and doing some testing. So far no major issues except that installation procedure is changed but it is not reflected in the installation documentation. So, we had to figure out how to install it. The download files are with .PAR extention. We had to rename it to .zip and extract the files.

Husni,

There is a new document with the SP23 releases. Are you saying that it is out-of-date?

I'm refering to "OneWorld B73.3x Service Pack 23 Installation Instructions" document dated October 8,2004. I downloaded from the garden last week.

So, other than renaming to a .ZIP file, what is not in the instructions?

Hamen

Like Ray I'm am also curious about any instructions that are not in the installation manual. Thanks in advance for you reply.

Patty

[ QUOTE ]
... any instructions that are not in the installation manual...

[/ QUOTE ]

I just installed SP23_L1 last night on E1 8.0, AS/400 V5R2, Fat clients. All went well for me. Only instruction that is missing from the SP23 Install Guide that I found has to do with renaming B7334SYS library. You must delete all the *SQLPKGs first or the rename will fail.

Hoe this info is useful.

Hamen,

Did you find any issues other than what Jerry Camden found?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
... any instructions that are not in the installation manual...

[/ QUOTE ]

I just installed SP23_L1 last night on E1 8.0, AS/400 V5R2, Fat clients. All went well for me. Only instruction that is missing from the SP23 Install Guide that I found has to do with renaming B7334SYS library. You must delete all the *SQLPKGs first or the rename will fail.

Hope this info is useful.

[/ QUOTE ]

SAR number 6911235 mentioned in the manual can not be found through SAR search. We had to find the related ESU from the update center by SAR number as the search criteria. (We downloaded JD23883).

If you are having multiple foundataion, do not start the new services without performing the suggested changes in the securty section of the enterprice JDE.INI file. We ran in to trouble by starting the services before performing the changes.

If you want to take advantage of version security, you have to apply ESU 20200 and 23877.

husni is right, the co-requisite SAR listed in the PDF is a bit hard to find. Using the SAR search found nothing. Using the Update center search finds the ESU. For me, on ERP8, the ESU is JE9307.

Is there a list of all the SP23 One_offs anywhere? I know I pulled something like that for SP22. I have searched on this site as well as Peoplesoft/Oracle site and haven't run across anything yet. Thanks!

Angie,
I'm not sure what you are looking for. Keep in mind that the "one-offs" are now cummulative. So, when you look through the notes in SP23_L1 it has everything cummulative since SP23_A1. Using that, you can tell what SARs where added at each one-off.

I don't really think this is related to SP23_L1 but....

We just discovered that the report names on many (but not all) of our reports was no longer printing in Prod. But they all worked in Dev. The BSFN that gets report title and company name is B9800190 which is not changed in SP23_L1 or the ERP8 ESU JE9307. The only reason that I mention it is that we tracked back and found it had worked up to the point I deployed the SP & ESU pkgs to our iSeries server. How wierd is this??

Well, I just added the Dev instance to a project and promoted it into Prod. Then did Pkg build & deploy to server and now it is working in Prod!!!

I sure wish this software wouldn't throw STRANGE STUFF at us every once in a while!!

Is SP23_L1 suppose to take care of the data truncation issue that was found in SP23_K1?

Husni

I think I see what you mean about not matching the instructions. The client file usually has an execuable in the root of the extract and it's not there. Did you run setup.exe from the Disk1 folder? Also the HP9000 file didn't have an executable but had the System.Z file. Did you just move this file to \hosts\hp9000 (or your platform)?

Patty

Hi Guys
Has anybody upgraded service pack to 23 on Windows NT platform and Oracle database 8.1.7.3? Currently our all servers are Windows NT and from MTR it is clear that we need to be on Windows 2003 platform and Oracle 9i release 2. Currenly we are looking at upgrading application service pack only and upgrade infrastructure latter on (resource constraints)? Any suggestions on using this approach?

Thanks

Vivek

I think you have to do it the way you have described. SP23 needs to be installed before Windows 2003 and Oracle 9i.

Patty

My understanding is that SP 23 works with Oracle 9i. So you would have to upgrade to SP 23 and Oracle 9i at the same time. That is what we are doing now.

Cho

Are you saying that SP23 won't run with Oracle 8.1.7? If thats the case I'm in trouble. Our test database is 9i, but the production database is still on 8.1.7.

Patty

Back