Has anyone installed SP23_L1?

Your configuration is fine as long as you're multi-foundation.

Our present configuration is PY is SP 23 with Oracle 9i and PD is SP 15 with Oracle 8. We are multi-foundation while we test SP 23. We have two sets of security tables-- one in 9i and one in Oracle 8. It's the only way we could make multi-foundation work.

Cho

I misspoke. My XE test database is also 8.1.7. It's my E810 test database that is 9i. I installed SP23_L1 yesterday and all appears to work fine. I'm still testing. I have two enterprise server so in a way I'm already multi-foundation. I too, made a copy of the security tables and moved them to the findev server map.

Patty

we install last week and it broke financial report (row report function). This is critical for us. A sar has been created but fix will be available on january 2006 with one off sp23_M1. I'working to get a fix earlier.

Sounds like an issue we had also, we got this solution below. I realise its
for 8.9x but it might work for you.

There is a new FRW row optimizer introduced in Tools release 8.93 and above.
We have found it can cause problems and always ask client to test with it set
off.

Please ask the client to change the client workstation jde.ini and if this
works locally then to reset the server jde.ini

in the [UBE] section add

UBETabOpt=3D0

Re: RE: Has anyone installed SP23_L1?

;-)

It does that. Was it a zero?

I had the same issue where it broke some of our financial reports. I put up a fat client running the old service pack, and we are able to run the reports locally on it.

Re: RE: Has anyone installed SP23_L1?

I try it but doesn't work. Denver told us that the problem need modification to the JDEKRNL.dll

Can you give me an example of a standard financial report that is not running? Thanks.

Patty

Hi Patty
Yesterday I spoke with Oracle support regarding support of Service pack 23 on Windows NT and their answer is you need to upgrade everything ( including service pack, OS and database in one shot) and only then they will support in case there is an issue.
Also I was testing Service pack 23 in multifoundation mode in the test lab and I decided to build full package with SP23L1 foundation instead of building client package with foundation and security esu objects. Full package kept on failing during copy of source objects with message "Could not copy all source files". During investigation I found that it failed during copy of business function B9801000.c. Interesting when I built client package with foundation and security ESU objets, it was build successfully.

The financial reports that we are having issues with are not standard reports. They are reports that were created using the FASTR tool in World that JDE converted to OneWorld RDA for us.

It turns out I have custom reports created with the fastr tool. They are prefixed R5583etc. A version that used to not sub total on index breaks now is after installing SP23_L1. I tried the UBETabOpt=0 in the jde.ini file but that didn't work. Do you have a work around for this?

Patty

This is the official word from Oracle, "I just got confirmation that your issue should be fixed under SP23_M1 which is scheduled for General Availability on 01/17/2006. As I mentioned in my previous e-mail, you may want to re-install the previous SP on a local machine to run your reports until you have installed SP23_M1 and you can confirm that it fixed your issue."

I still had a backup of the System and SystemComp folders from the previous service pack. I made copies of the current ones, replaced them with the old ones and built a client only package for the PD environment. I put the current System and SystemComp directories back. I then installed this package on a Fat Client. We can run all of our reports locally on this one fat client.

Agreen

Putting the previous service pack on a fat client is my plan B. I'll probably do it today. It's funny, I have a call into Oracle and my person isn't as far along as your person on this being a known issue. Their response to me was to apply SP23_L2. Well I had already done that sort of. I downloaded it and extracted it to my pc, same results. Since SP23_L2 seems like an emergency SP I also asked what critical functionality SP23_L1 broke that I haven't found yet. Still waiting for an answer because we are still on SP23_L1.

Patty

Patty,
My supoport rep gave me this resolution prior to SP23_L2 being released. I don't have much faith in SP23_L2 fixing the issue since it came out so quickly, but it would be good to know if SP23_L2 does fix the issue in your environment; should you decide to apply it.

-Andrew

Agreene

SP23_L2 doesn't fix the problem. Perhaps I wasn't clear in my previous post. I got SP23_L2 running on my fat client and ran the financial report in question locally and got the same results as SP23_L1.

Patty,

did you get response back from Oracle now? I also placed a call today regarding any critical known issues with SP23_L1.

Win2003, SQL2000, ERP8 SP23_L1,

cheers,

Adrian

RE: Download of SP23

We have changed the .par to .zip and extracted. While that will work, the extracted files still contain no exe. Can anyone advise how to continue with installation?

Thanks
Angie Johnson
OneWorld Xe Update 7 SP22_T,
AS400 DB2 V5R2M0

Back