Porttest failed during installation of E811

kapil

Hi all,

I am trying to install EnterpriseOne 8.11.But whenever i run the porttest its fails.I checked all the ODBC Driver, File Structure and Jde.ini setting. I think that all this things are fine but when i saw in jde.log it gives Sql server does not exist . I am giving here the actual jde.log file.Please check it and let me know how to sort out this problem.
Thanks in advance
kapil

Attachments

• 97325-a.txt
    12.4 KB · Views: 179
hi,
it seems the complete system is down not only the porttest..
i think the problem is in your db server name..
I need more details about your system
regards

Are you using a named Instance of SQL Server, it seems so by your logs..ENTSERVER\ENTSERVER..is this set properly in your data source defintions..?...are you able to log in with PSFT PSFT in this SQL Instance...?.. also looks lik you are uisng OLEDB..and not ODBC...OLEDB did have some problems with E1..and i thought that rcommended ODBC for the moment....

Do you have security server turned on in your ES JDE.INI. if yes does the user PSFT have a record in F98OWSEC

You are running the PORTTEST for PD811...do you have this environment installed and configured (Server Map OCM) on the Enterprise Server

Hi all

I am trying to install 8.11.The details are :

Deployment server: Mdac 2.8 ,.Net 2003 ,and then ran Deployement server CD

Enerprise Server : Mdac 2.8 ,.Net 2003 ,Sql server 2000 with SP3 and then ran Enterprise server CD

After installing the Deployment server and Enterprise server plateform pack i started the planner. In planner i skipped the database server because in my enterprise server i have the database and i took instance of this database in my deployment server too.I took odbc for all the datasource.When i follow this procedure the plan is successfully completed.After this i started the workbench which was also successfully completed.But when i ran the porttest, it fails.I took the default database instance in sql server when installing sql server 2000.

I dont know what is the reason why the porttest is failing because i followed all the instruction that was given in documentation.

Plz help me to sort out this problem...
thanks in advance
cheers

Amar

Well you just found your issue.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I've done 2 811 upgrades and for both I did define the ENterprise Server and Database server as the SAME machine. I think that you're missing the entries for the database server thus E811 can't find the Server Map Datasource to start up.

Colin

Back