Every second JE switches grid columns - how do I fix

Cathy Wilbur

Well Known Member
We are a Canadian company and we made slight modifications to P0911Z1 to prime some fields and renamed the program to P55911Z1. We tested this logic on the full client and the web and everything seemed fine. We entered journal entries on the full client and hit okay to store each new journal entry and it worked fine.

On the web only, on every even journal entered both amount columns are displayed and I cannot figure out how to fix it. The client enters a journal entry then presses okay and the display just shows the foreign column. After the store the next Journal entry the person is prepared to enter we see both amount columns (Amount and Foreign columns - please see the attachment provided).

For our foreign "USD" journal entries we only want to see the foreign column. Why is this happening every second entry keyed in. To fix the problem we have the user go back to the menu and back in as a work around for now.

Can anyone explain to me why this column is appearing on every second journal entry. You will notice that there is a custom grid. We use this same grid on the full client and the web.

We use the same program for the full client and the web so I was wondering if the grid for some reason is working differently between the full client and the web that is causing this problem.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 96649-US Dollar JE - P55911Z1.jpg
    96649-US Dollar JE - P55911Z1.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 69
Cathy,

Try deleting any user overrides applicable. In out web setup, the first time a user enters an application a user override is created.

I'm guessing that you have already reinstalled and regenerated the application and associated objects on the web server.

You might like to attach the grid settings including the column settings for both Amount and Foreign Amount columns and ER. That might give some of the JDEList Gurus (I do not claim to be one) something to work with.

I hope I've helped. All the best for a resolution.

Back