Using NON "Standard" Deployment Server Environments

tiradoj

tiradoj

Well Known Member
Using NON \"Standard\" Deployment Server Environments

Hello Fellow CNC-ers

As a general rule, I advise my clients NOT to sign in to or use environments on the Deployment Server OTHER than XXXXPLAN or DEPXXX (based on release). I find on occasion some folks (CNC-ers too?) who sign into PY810 for instance to build/define an update package?

I advise this because in earlier releases it was very easy to hose up Deployment Server by signing into non standard environments. I still do not use non standard environments on Dep Server and have not had any issues around pkg builds etc ( I define update pkgs from env I am building pkg for i.e., PY810 from client if PY update) and then kick off pkg build (if I feel like it) from Dep Server in DEP810 env. Otherwise, I will just continue with build from client.

Anyone have any horror stories from their clients using NON standard envs on Deployment Server?

Thanks for your experience.

Re: Using NON \"Standard\" Deployment Server Environments

Yes I would definitely agree with you. Stay away from the standard environments (DV,PY) on the Deployment Server. At the most you can define a package. I would not do anything more than that.

I have had issues when I used the regular environment on the Deployment Server to complete some special instructions after applying Update 1 for ERP 8.0. I had done some table and index generations signed onto the regular (DV ,PY etc) on the Deployment Server, and it totally messed up the table header files. When I did my full package build I had a lot of Missing header file errors which took a long time to clean up

Re: Using NON \"Standard\" Deployment Server Environments

Thanks Ice. Experience is worth a thousand arguments...
:) (my phrase)

Back