weird Issue with E811 install

Jaise James

Reputable Poster
Hello all,

I am encountering a very weird issue. We are on E810 and evaluating E811. We install E811 on a separate server and did all the task to get the servers up and running.

I installed the client on my machine ( using snap shot) and when I log in I keep getting the database password issue , my security server is turned on and jde.ini file points to right server.
I did the debugging and found for some reason its looking for JDE user id in SQL server

ODB0000164 - DBC:00 [28000][18456] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'JDE'

So I created a jde/jde user id and my login works.... In my entire system I don’t have jde user id defined any where

Not under proxy user, or system user or database data source.... I don’t' understand why is it trying to connect using jde user id. My proxy user is psft /psft for th time being.
In addition, with the jde user id in SQL, my port runs successfully.

Any ideas.
We are in Sql NT platform

Nick,

Do you get the same issue , if you install on a fresh machine....?

There is a problem when installing the 8.11 client using snapshot. The install document states to remove any other installs.

Got it Resolved,

For some reason, the jde.ini file was missing values under the Database section and few were incorrect. One which did the trick was type=s... it was set to type = n

Its all resolved. Not sure why install program is pulling the right jde.ini from the server and

Back