UDC Description in Crystal 10

detroit1

Hi,

I am trying to display UDC description on the report for F4102.IBPRP1. I am new to Crystal and I need some help as crystal interface is different from ERW.

I have already added the F0005 to the Database. I am having trouble selecting record for UDC 41/P1.

Also is the table F0005 to be linked to F4102 by F0005.DRKY=F4102.IBPRP1 ?

Any comments are welcome.

Use a database view that selects the UDC System and UDC Table codes for you. In Crystal you treat the DB View as a table and just link then to the DRKY field. Here's an example:

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW Commodity_Class_F0005_VIEW (
COMMODITY_CLASS_DRKY ,
DESCRIPTION1_DRDL01 ,
DESCRIPTION2_DRDL02 ,
USER_ID_DRUSER ,
PROGRAM_ID_DRPID ,
DATE_UPDATED_DRUPMJ ,
WORK_STATION_ID_DRJOBN ,
TIMELASTUPDATED_DRUPMT )
AS SELECT
SUBSTR(DRKY,8,3),
DRDL01,
DRDL02,
DRUSER,
DRPID,
JDE2DATE(DRUPMJ),
DRJOBN,
DRUPMT
FROM F0005
WHERE
DRSY='41' AND DRRT='P1'
WITH READ ONLY;

Thanks Larry, creating the Database View would be the ideal way. Would there be any other way to do this as the System Admin is having some issues in dealing with Database views?

1. Admin needs to step up to the plate (take night classes at college?)
2. A really ugly way would be to use a subreport in Crystal ... and no, I'm not about to attempt to walk you through that.

Hi all!

We're using CR 10 at a clients site. If configured properly, you should be able to see the UDC descriptions as "columns" when you select which columns should be included in the report. (these "virtual table columns" appear just below the actual column in the selection panel)

I do not have access to the client at the moment but i believe this is a setting in the CR equivalent of the ODBC/ODA driver

in essence, there should be no need to create joins/lookups to F4005 unless you want to use description 2 or the special handling codes.

Hope this helps...

Aarto,

The option to show the UDC description or even UDC virtual tables is a specialized feature of the ODA or JDEDirect ODBC drivers. Native database drivers (whether ODBC or OLEDB) are ignorant of the internal organization of application data such as UDCs - hence the need to build specialized views.

I have discussed reasons why we don't use ODA or JDEDirect before, but briefly ODA has issues and limitations while JDEDirect is very expensive.

I believe you can check/set the option on the OneWorld ODA Data Source for "Convert User Defined Codes" and this will do the trick.

The other options to view Tables, Views or both is also useful.

Karim

Hi,

I am using Crystal Report XI R2. Could you plese guide me how I can have the virtual column for the UDC values from JDE.

At present I can see the UDE description, but I need to use udc code as well as description.

I am using OneWorld ODA and OneWorld ODA Ora connection

Parag

Its been 10 years . . . but I believe all you have to do is configure your ODA ODBC Data Source . . .

Back