Batch Sales Status Update

klispch

Is there a standard batch program in JDE to advance sales order status to next level (like P42040)? Or is there a way R42565 or R42520 or other can be used to JUST advance the order status?

Thanks,

K

I've done that very thing with either the invoice or pick list. Set the processing options in the invoice to Prevent A/R Number Assignment. I think it will assign an Invoice Date, so that might be bad. If you use the Pick List, you'll want to set the Hard Commit Inventory to '2' (Bypass comitment process). Both of these programs are overkill for just updating the Status codes, as they create work files and run pretty slow. We also looked at the Batch Ship Confirm, but it was too unreliable and slow.

We eventually developed a custom UBE to do this, which is one of our most useful programs. We use it as a batch ship confirmation process. It's simple and runs real fast. Send me your e-mail address and I'll share the specs with you.

Just remembered another vanilla program that will do this. The R42530 Bill of Lading UBE. There's also the R42535 Delivery Notes UBE. You have to set the Delivery Note flag in the Customer Master Billing Instructions on for it to work. Both of these reports allow you to override Next Status, bypass Status updates, etc. The only down side is that they create big pdf files, that you probably don't need (one page per order).

Was viewing this thread and just thought will clarify on Delivery Notes(R42535). If I have a SO with say 4 detail lines, can i print a delivery order for each line?(shipment number is the name but different delivery order number for each line). This report actually is not printing per order as you say. In this case of 4 lines, the PDF i got was like the first line was in one page, 2nd and 3rd line was in 2nd sheet and 4th line was in the 3rd sheet, each with different delivery nos!! I felt this was erratic and is there a way to control delivery order no generation and is there a way to have one for each line of the SO?

Thanks
srinivas

Thanks guys! I used R42535 with all printing options & processing options (except status) turned off. It worked great for me. Processing wasn't that bad either.

K.

Back