Populating data selection for batch

Steve Langley

Greetings,

A technical question…. Has anyone ever queued data in one file, then subsequently loaded that data into the data selection of a batch application? For example: Queue warehouse tasks numbers that have been picked (external pick confirm process) in a 55 table. When executing the batch pick confirm, reach out to the 55 table and fetch the queued tasks numbers for processing.

The situation has evolved where it’s important to update pick confirm asap so that the rest of the outbound activities can be completed. The interactive pick confirm can not keep up with the external pick confirm process (RF-DB synchronized updating.) Batch pick confirm processing can surpass the RF picking process.

Thanks,

Steve Langley

ERP 8.0 SP23F, AS400 WMS,TMS,RF

I'm no functional expert, but your situation sounds like an ideal candidate for subsystem processing. I believe VisionEase lens does this for pick confirms; they had a presentation at Quest covering their implementation of subsystems and looks like they'll be doing another one at OpenWorld. I'm not vouching for them or their expertise, I just recall the pick confirm being an issue for them prior to the subsystem implementation.

Thanks for the lead Charles; I'll see what I can dig up on subsystem
processing. The key would be to never queue up more than 100 records before
processing; otherwise you suffer a 30% increase in processing time for every
100 records processed. We simulated running 5 versions cascading the starts
(parallel processing). This is to protect against delay or processing 101
records at one time in a single version. Avg. 105k confirms in 8 hours. I
just can't afford to have 5 people launch these versions all day long...

Regards,

Steve

_____

Behalf Of cmanderson
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 3:28 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Populating data selection for batch

I'm no functional expert, but your situation sounds like an ideal candidate
for subsystem processing. I believe VisionEase lens does this for pick
confirms; they had a presentation at Quest covering their implementation of
subsystems and looks like they'll be doing another one at OpenWorld. I'm not
vouching for them or their expertise, I just recall the pick confirm being
an issue for them prior to the subsystem implementation.

Charles Anderson 8.94_I1, HP-UX 11i, AIX 5.3, Oracle 9i, Win2K, Citrix

_____

Re: RE: Populating data selection for batch

It is usually a matter of selecting the "Subsystem Processing" option in the user design mode of the UBE and selecting a sleep time (I believe it is designated in milliseconds). We run the R00460 generic outbound subsystem and have it set up to spring to action every 5 minutes. When it does, it pulls in every record in the server maps F986113. There may be several hundred in there at any given time and it keeps processing the custom UBE's called from the workflow until it has reached the last one in the list.

Back