Action-Menu Security

jde_uk

Hello All,
I am trying to apply security using Security Workbench to all those users who access some JDE Applications through a particular Menu. These users are the Managers and they need (should have), a Read Only access to these applications. My idea was to use Action Security on those applications and then tie them with the Menu(M55MGRS), which would mean that they will not have the "ADD" functionality when they access the applications from their menu.
I think, I am thinking a little too optimistically here.
Your thoughts on this please !
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
confused.gif

That should work but I would recommend doing the security on a Group Level and not an individual level. Also once you remove fast path access for the managers and you take away all other application security from them.

This is how our security model is...
We take away *all for applications * all for action and then we grant back as needed. You do have to make sure you give back the confirmation boxes and a few key JDE applications. There is a document that has the applications that all users need access to or I can post it if you need it.

Many Thanks for the reply. I would be grateful if you could send me the document.
The security at our place is menu driven, there is no fast path access to anyone and people can access applications only through menus. If there is a situation where one can get into an application from within the applications, then coding is done within the applications refering to the version that is accessed and functionality is disabled for a particular version. I am trying to get rid of this and thats why am trying to find a way out.
Idea of user group is excellent, but, we have two user groups, one for an ordinary user and the other for super users/developers/admins.
If there is a way to use Menu ID in the Security Workbench, then that would be an ideal one for us !!!
Cheers

WHen configuring your action security, you may also want to consider also using Delete = No and Add = No and Change = No. This would prevent adding, deleting or changing. It may be easier to do all action security = No but it will prevent them from drilling down on some (Select Button) because you have OK/Select = NO. Also you can use Hyper Exit (Type =6) to turn off Row/Form exits per form. I would also agree and recommend Deny All application security and grant back. You can refer to document OTT-02-0025 or Solution ID 200783589 "*ALL Application Security and Common Objects to Grant Back " for more information.

Thankf for the reply, we have used that document in allowing access to those application and others. Still, the issue of using Menu ID as the key to secure application/Grant functionality remain a puzzle !!!
Cheers

Thanks for the reply, we have used that document in allowing access to those application and others. Still, the issue of using Menu ID as the key to secure application/Grant functionality remain a puzzle !!!
Cheers

Back