New Install for existing JDE

sungoku

Hi,

A company is using JDE Xe giving connections to their subsidiaries as well. Now, one of their subsidiary is sold to another owner so they will cut that subsidiary's connectivity to the main JDE. The subsidiary still wants to use JDE but will have to buy their own JDE.

How can achieve this at the fastest time?

Please validate my thoughts.
1. They install a new Deployment/Enterprise Server. Apply new license code. Will this be 8.11 already?
2. Copy data from the main JDE to new JDE servers
3. Redeploy JDE clients

Is there a better way?

Thanks in advance
Byron

Byron,

How long this will take I don't know.

Here are a few of my thoughts. A new install of JDE will be required as well as a data upgrade. Did the old parent company run vanilla JDE (no modifications)? If not, it must be decided if any/all modifications are required and arrangement has to be made for them (including legal). Also the setup needs to looked at/duplicated (eg AAI's, Constants-using P0000, Versions etc.). There is a lot to consider and accomplish and it will take some time, depending on sizing etc. I'm guessing approximately, the same time as a normal install/upgrade, which our fellow listers have indicated can take 3 to 6 months or more.

We (last I was aware) are gettting HoraSoftJDE to do a "laboratory" upgrade which is suppose to be a bit quicker - whether it will be is another question.

Arrangements might be made for the old parent company to provide a bureau service to allow the continuation of use of their JDE system until the subsidiary's system is ready.

Note that 8.11 is web only (except for development) and as such does not have clients to be deployed. Users will need to get used to using the web instead of a fta client.

I hope I have been helpful.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply.

I think you are right that it may actually take more or less the same amount of time to do a fresh install. So your suggestion on arranging for an extended use of current JDE would be a good one.

You've been of great help!

Byron

Back