ending coexistence

Vasu_JDE

Well Known Member
I think I had asked this question in the application board, let me give it a try here

We are running OneWorld XE update 6 and in the process of ending co-existence. We plan to upgrade to EnterpriseOne 8.10 when finished. We have many interfaces written in RPG that call either JDE functions or access JDE files. We have been using Hawkeye to find all the RPG references to World objects. When we end co-existence, the file format and record format become the same unlike the usual JDE-DDS convention of a F for file name and an I for record name. For example after we run the end coexistence jobs, F4201 will be the file name and F4201 will be the record name. Unless we re-name the record format in each of the RPG interface programs and recompile them, the programs will bomb.

We would like to know how any of you in the same situation have handled this and ended co-existence. How have you handled the RPG source that references JDE objects? Using Hawkeye this can be accomplished either by going from source (RPG) object to referenced (World) object or from referenced object to source object. Please let us know if you've discovered any streamlined approached to handling this any issues you discovered down the road.

Back