To test new database data sources and OCM mappings

Jayden

Hi please assist

At present we are upgrading from XE SP23 Oracle 9i (Web, Citrix) to E810. At pesent we are connecting to a database called: JDESTM9 (for our upgrade) this has the following table owners EG:
SY810
OL810
SVM810
SVM801UPG
DD810

Now I have been asked to test a new database called JDESTMX which has the same object owners.

Now this is my plan to connect to this new database JDESTMX: Please let me know if I am on the right track.

1. I went to work with database data sources and found the current Local System - 810 data source and searched for the database JDESTM9 (on the TNS names Field) that it connects to and copied the System - 810 data source and renamed the Data source to System - STMX and changed the database to connect to JDESTMX.

Then I updated the new JDESTMX data base to refelct the new system data source (System - STMX ) for all the Object owners in the(JDESTMX database)that contained the OMC table F986101

Then I need to change the Enterprise JDE.INI to
connect to new Data Base and new System data source System - STMX

Plus change the JAS.ini and the jdbj.ini
restart services on enterprise server and bounce the jas servers. Now I should be able to connect to my new database.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks Dave

Back