E811 Kernel are not startting.

eSky

eSky

Well Known Member
am in process of upgrding Xe to E811.
The activity that performed till yet is...
1. Installing XE
Configuration
Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP4 (Both DS and ES)
Database Oracle 9i (9.2.0.5)
Performed Retrofitting in Dv7333
Set the Spec Merge Option accordingly (i.e the object that need to be taken in E811 )
2. Installing E811
Planner,PS, DV

The issue is now that the service of E811 are not starting.
On starting PSFT E811 service only jdesnet process start and no kerner (UBE ,Security etc ) start.
Later I installed the service by Jdesnet -I from command prompt and got new service PSFT E811 B9 network. But still kernel are not started.

Following measures are taken :
1. Verified the environment Variables especially Path Variable.
2. Created one System User with USER - PSFT and Password - PSFT. (exactly as database user and pswd)

What I am feeling the issue is :
When PSFT E811 B9 Network is starting, it is not calling the jde.ini. I believe the jde.ini is responsible to find what other kernels will be started.
Also the jde.log and jdedebug.log are not creating i.e E811\ddp\Log folder is empty.

Attachments

• 95906-path.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 83
Just finished the exact upgrade (Oracle 9.2.0.6, WIndows 2003, E811).

Remove the service that YOU created. ON the service that was added by the installer for E811 on Windows I found that the path to the executable was incorrect (it wasn't even close). I just went into the registry and changed this. Check H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES

Turn on error logging in the Enterprise Server jde.ini and try starting the services.

Post the resulting jde.log files to this forum.

Also post the Enterprise Server jde.ini.

Colin

Back