Web client authentication?

ARJOHNSON

is anyone using LDAP? Looking for information on LDAP, how it works with authenticating the JDE Web client user. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Angie,

As far as I know, LDAP is used with JDE Portal, not with
the JAS itself (on E810 Tools 8.94N1).

The only way you can currently use AD with any part of the HTML client is through the Portal. The portal will authenticate using AD and allow access to the portal functions you have specified in portal security. Is this correct? Is there anything within AD itself that needs setup?

So LDAP is not currently supported for authentication into JAS whether accessing it through a portlet or going straight to the JAS login (prior to the tools release you mentioned?)

Portal --is this additional software that needs installed?

Thanks!

Hi Angie,

You're right. The Portal will authenticate its users via AD or LDAP according to what you chose to install.
The AD setup is quite easy, just create a bunch of users on the Active Directory for Windows.
LDAP is easy too, typing LDAP strings with user names and domains.

I don't know from what Tools Release LDAP support began, I just tested it on E810 8.94J1 and it worked.
For Portal you need WebSphere Portal, IBM LDAP Director and to install a local database (UDB, SQL or Oracle).

Sebastian

We are using LDAP with 8.11 (8.94) using AD and we are not using the portal. You do not need collaborative portal installed or the Websphere portal server. Setting it up is a piece of cade, just follow the steps in the 8.94 System Administration Peoplebook and you can't go wrong.

Back