Test new DataBase before upgrade

Jayden

Hi at present we are upgrading from XE SP23 Oracle 9i (Web, Citrix) to E810. At pesent we are connecting to a database called: JDESTM9 (for our upgrade) this has the following table owners EG There might be a few more I am doing this from Memory here goes:

SYS810
OL810
SVM810
SVM801UAT
DD810

Now I have been asked to test a new database called JDESTMX which has the same object owners.

Now this is my plan to connect to this new database JDESTMX: Please let me know if I am on the right track.

1. I went to work with database data sources and found the current Local System - SY810 data source and searched for the database JDESTM9 (on the TNS names Field) that it connects to and copied the System - SY810 data source and renamed the Data source to System - STMX and changed the database to connect to JDESTMX.

Then I updated the new JDESTMX data base to refelct the new system data source (System - STMX ) for all the Object owners in the(JDESTMX database)that contained the OMC table F986101

Then I need to change the Enterprise JDE.INI to
connect to new Data Base and new System data source System - STMX

Plus change the JAS.ini and the jdbj.ini
restart services on enterprise server and bounce the jas servers. Now I should be able to connect to my new database.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks Dave

Back