Service Packs, XE v OS v DB

custhe

Well Known Member
Dear List,

Following is a question from my DBA/CNC/BOSS, I would appreciate your thoughts...

We need to upgrade the service packs for Windows and SQL Server on all servers, but in the past OneWorld Xe has only been supported on a higher OS / DB service pack after you first update the service pack for OneWorld. We would rather not change our Xe service pack if we don't need to; 17.1 I1 is working just fine. Does anyone know of any specific issues associated with upgrading the OS to the latest service pack (SP4) or the database to the latest (SP4) while not changing OneWorld's SP level? If there are issues, what is the best OneWorld service pack to implement that permits our updates, but doesn't introduce many new bugs?

Current Situation:
Evironment: JD Edwards OneWorld Xe 7.33.3 Update 3, Service 17.1 I1; we use Citrix for all users except developers.

Servers:
Enterprise Server: Windows 2000 SP2, SQL Server 2000 SP1
Deployment Server: Windows 2000 SP2
Citrix Servers (2): Windows 2000 SP2, Citrix Metaframe XP Feature Release 3

Check the MTR (minimum technical requirements) on the Customer Connect website to determine which OW service pack needs to be applied. If you still have questions, open a call with support.

Curtis,

For what it's worth, I would go with SP3 for SQL Server.

I installed SP4 and had some major performance issues. These were mostly related to linked servers and queries from them to the JDE server which would no longer execute within a reasonable amount of time or would time out. So I had to rollback which is not a trivial task.

Regards,

Dave Schlieder

Checking the MTR's you will find Windows 2000 is no longer supported. Not sure how they are going to work that all out.... We ran SP4 with SP17 when we went live years ago, no issues. SP18 was some problems...

Nick

Back