Can't copy business function?

joed

Can\'t copy business function?

I'm using OneWorld 8.0 (and only for about two months, so forgive me if I don't use a term correctly).

I need to change a business function, to fix a bug that needs to be fixed now - we can't wait for Oracle to fix it.

I put the "N" object in my OMW project and debugged it and found the problem. But if I change the ER code and a SAR or ESU is ever applied that updates that BSFN, it will overwrite my fix (correct?).

So I thought I would copy the BSFN to a "N55" name and change it there, but when I click on the "N" object in OMW, the "Copy" button in the toolbar grays out.
confused.gif

Is it not possible to copy it or is there some other issue causing the Copy button to become disabled?

Re: Can\'t copy business function?

Standard toolset can't do this, but we sell a software solution, which can. If interested, please, e-mail me directly.

RE: Can\'t copy business function?

Remember, if you change the name of the business function you will need
to change everything that calls the business function so that those
programs call the new business function.

You don't mention which business function needs to be fixed, so I'm not
sure which is the more time consuming task. Either way, you would need
to modify base JDE and have to keep track of those changes so they can
be retrofitted during updates.

Ellen Deak

Senior Analyst/Programmer

Cooper Standard Automotive

OneWorld Xe Update 7 SP22_T, AS400 DB2 V5R2M0

Re: RE: Can\'t copy business function?

Yes, I realize that - luckily it is only used in one UBE, and we've already customized that UBE already.

It looks like a lot of trouble to give it a new name/location, so we will just leave the changes in the base object name and keep an eye on any updates that get applied - eventually Oracle will fix it. They acknowledge that there is a bug in it.

Hi Alex,

Does this tool to copy NERs(Code CopyCat?) supports E812 too?

Yes, it now can. Thanks.

Sorry, my mistake - no, it still does not, hopefully some time around October/November...

Back