Viewing Data Via STRSQL on iSeries for 8.11 release

tiradoj

tiradoj

Well Known Member
Hello All You JDE Lovers

Just finished an 8.11 install on iSeries 520, everything works like a charm-I can see data through E1 and I can see through UTB,run reports but I am trying to view table data from STRSQL on V5R3 on 8.11 (F9860) and all I see is weird characters. I assume in part it is because of UNICODE and I have QCCSID set to 65535 (was system default). Is there a setting in Client Access/green screen view to be able to view it "normally" so as to view and change records as necessary?

Client Access release service pack level is SI18651 (and no it is not Express version-it's what client had)

I'll keep looking meself but thought I'd ask. (How come I am the only who notices/complains about these basic things ;-)?) Does this bug anyone else besides me? (chuckle)

Thanks in advance.
Joe Tirado

If you reset your CCSID to 37 for your user, you should see the correct characters.

DSPUSRPRF QSECOFR (or whatever user profile you're using)

If necessary, change the CCSID that QSECOFR is currently using as follows:
CHGUSRPRF QSECOFR CCSID (xx)
where xx is the number you converted your data to (for example, CCSID(37)).

Hope this helps.
- Scott

Hey Scott

Thanks for info. I also got this from Oracle support---just doing a "chgjob ccsid(37)" on command line will allow you to see the data in readable format before you issue the strsql command.

Joe

Forgot to give credit to Carolyn Barr of Oracle (JDE) support line for finding the chgjob ccsid(37) solution to view unicode info.

JT

Back