Suppress Grid line

limkb

Dear List,

Is there a way to suppress grid records based on the value of the previous grid line information.

For example, from the sales order detail file, there will be multiple line with the same order number. I only want to have one line in the grid. Essentially, what i did is to try suppressing the grid when the order number is equal to the previous grid order number.

I can't seems to get it to work, i try using the bc order number = gc order number in the write grid line - before event but it seems that the bc and gc value is the same.

Please help!!!!

Thanks in advance

Hi limkb

You need to save the order no as either a variable or as Form Control whenever it appears for the 1st time otherwise suppress the line in your Grid Record is Fetched event.

The ER shown below should hopefully do it.

//
If BC Document (Order No, Invoice, etc.) (F4211) is not equal to FC Saved Order Number
FC Saved Order Number = BC Document (Order No, Invoice, etc.) (F4211)
Else
Suppress Grid Line(FC Grid)
End If
//

Try it and see if it's OK.

Hi friend,

You can look at P03B2002 Summarize check box. This check box implements the same as you want to do over F4211 but over F03B11.

Take a look at this application and let me know if you have enough information to get your application working.

Best Regards

Sergio

Which event are you placing your Suppress Grid Write, within?

Try changing the sequence of which event you are placing you suppress within. I dare not try to suggest which event block, from memory - If it's not in the right event block, it will not work.

Regards

(db)

Hi,

Thanks a lot on the suggestion. I finally manage to get it to work by creating a variable in the write grid line - after event to store the document number. Then suppress the when bc document number = variable document number in the grid record is fetch event.

Thank for all the advice... cheers

grin.gif

Thanks this thread was very useful today in 2019. I was trying to use 'Suppress Grid Line' in Write Grid Line before and it didnot work. I got confirmation here that it works only in Grid Record is Fetched and it worked.

Awesome, glad to help. As I totally forgot this myself. Even thought it's my solution :)

Back