JDE Error : File cannot be accessed.

Kiran PC

Hi,

While user is trying to update Address book records (Field - ABMCU), user is getting the following Error -

Error: File cannot be accessed

We have tried using deferent ID’s but we get the same error. This error occurs in PD7333 Only & NOT in PY7333

I have attached the Log & the screen shot from PD7333 for the above error and also the Log for PY7333 (PY080805.LOG)

Thanks in Advance

Kiran PC

If you use specified AB# ranges for companies, you might want to check the next numbering. It might be the case that it cannot get the next number for it is used by a different company.

If the error code is 3143, you are probably not getting a valid error message. This error exists in over 4,000 business functions. It is often the last error that occurs and is the result of an earlier error further up in the code. It can be the result of the failure to create a cache or open a table. It also has frequently been used inappropriately by inexperienced programmers. In one case, the programmer used this error code nineteen times in the same function. Each instance was really a separate and unique step but he chose to use the same error code for all of them.

Trust me, folks. I researched this several years ago. You can start troublshooting this problem by looking in the JDEM Multi Level Message table (F01131M). It will tell you the function name (ZMFCTNM) and the line number (ZMLNBR). You can then use the Business Function Search application (P98652) to find the actual object name. From there you can read the code or start formal debugging procedures. You will most likely need some knowledge of C programming to do much beyond this point.

Back