still lost between the all of the mergers - Technicial

joy_fernandez

joy_fernandez

Well Known Member
08-05-05
Everyone:

I’ve been reading the past postings on “TomorrowNow”, “8.10 or 8.11 Which would you rather die on the vine with”, “SAP trying to “steal” customers…”, “Future”, “Citrix Frustration” and “What is your Company’s Plan” trying to gather additional information and other’s point of view on what action would be best for our company.

First, I’d like to say thanks to those of you that will take the time to post a reply.

As I read through the above postings, I noticed that most were several months old, and was wondering what your thoughts are today on these topic.

1. TomorrowNow – For those of you that took that leap of faith, how is it going?

2. SAP trying to “steal” customers… - For those of you that moved to TomorrowNow, are you being encouraged to upgrade to SAP’s ERP? Or are they freely supporting your version?

3. 8.10 Or 8.11 Which would you rather die on the vine with… - For those of you that took this leap of faith and make the upgrade to either one of these versions, how is it going? Did you move to Web and if so how is it?

4. Future & Citrix Frustration – Has anyone been told by Oracle that instead of using Web Sphere that you could use Oracle’s Application Server with the 8.95 Tools Release for 8.10 or 8.11? If so, has anyone do so?

We are
confused.gif
, and holding back on our decisions.

Joy,

I'll start the replies:

1. TomorrowNow – For those of you that took that leap of faith, how is it going? >>>> it is going well. Their response time has been terrific. They have scooped up a bunch of very knowledgeable ex-JDEers. No complaints.

2. SAP trying to “steal” customers… - For those of you that moved to TomorrowNow, are you being encouraged to upgrade to SAP’s ERP? Or are they freely supporting your version? >>>>>> No, SAP/TomorrowNow is not trying to push us into SAP. We have a contract with TomorrowNow that says that they will support us on XE for ten years. Other than TomorrowNow now having very deep pockets, I have not seen any arm twisting by SAP.

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

Joy,

We moved to 8.10 (non-web) and everything has been running very well, outside of the normal issues one encounters with new code (Homebuilder module). At the time we were upgrading 8.11 was still having issues and we did not want to add the complexity into the mix.

At the User Group conference in Grapevine, Oracle execs did say the jury was still out on what Oracle would do in the future, but the majority indicated the products would be optimized to run on Oracle Application Server and Oracle database. I do see WebSphere being phased out and were we to start from scratch I would go with Oracle. Were we already invested with WebSphere I would stay the course and not change for 2-3 years as Oracle decides what direction to go. My 2 cents worth.

Back