Question regarding package build/deployment policies

llallen1113

Well Known Member
I'm hoping to get some feedback on developing a package build / deployment policy. My company currently does the deployment / installation to clients and citrix servers in the evening after regular company hours. For this reason we do not perform deployments every night. I'm curious to know what other companies do. Any feedback would be helpful

Thanks,

Enterprise One, Citrix Server, SQL Server database

We don't have citrix. But we do have full clients and web clients. We do our builds and deployments on a nightly basis via windows scripts and then we check the reports in the morning. We've been doing it this way through Xe, 8.0 and now 8.10 without any major problems. The most builds we've done in a week this way is about 20. The most in a day is about 7 (counting ESUs). Now-a-days the system is much stabler and we do about one a day (for developers).

Our current schedule is this--
DV packages on Mon/Wed (if needed)
PY packages on Tues/Thurs (if needed)
and Prod on Friday.
I deploy to DV and PY in the late evening. With citrix, I will refresh citrix servers after hours (in late evening or early am). Production Packages are deployed over the weekend (on Sundays-little user activity-and open window with scheduled jobs..).. as well as refreshing citrix servers on Sunday. Hope that helps..

[ QUOTE ]
....With citrix, I will refresh citrix servers after hours (in late evening or early am). Production Packages are deployed over the weekend ..

[/ QUOTE ]

Late evenings, early mornings, Sundays.... We have got to get unionized here fellow CNCs!!!
smirk.gif
smirk.gif
grin.gif

Back