8.10 QBE Fields Greyed-out

ajin88

Just finished upgrade from Xe to 8.10. On our most customized "Work with ..." find/browse screens, lots of QBE fields are disabled. Since those screens are using joint business views, it looks like that fields from only one table can be queried in 8.10.
The weird thing is that those disabled fields are all from the primary tables of those views. But, fields from the secondary tables are still availabe for query. Is this true in 8.10? In Xe, fields from both tables can be searched.
If I can make only one of the tables searchable, how can I control which table to have QBE?

Thanks,

I don't know if this is the same for 8.x but in XE, if you create a new table by default only the indexed columns will be QBE enabled. To enable all of the columns QBE feature, go into OCM and edit (or create) an entry for the custom table. At the bottom of the screen is a flag 'allow QBE', switch this to 'all'. Log out/back in, and all columns should now have QBE enabled..found this out after many hours of searching one night a few years ago...

-John

Hi,

I am not sure if this how it is configured. QBE is enabled or disbaled ( using OCM setting as mentiiond by John). I would be very surprised, if this how its delivered. I have e810 and its like this. We are infact looking into enabling this feature to get some performance benefit, however we need to do lot of testing.

Try changing the OCM mapping settign for those tables in questions as suggested by John

Thanks to John for pointing to the right direction. We manually added these OCM records and they are all defaulted to 3 - Index Columns Only.

Back