8.11 Server package fails for all BSFN

Joel

Well Known Member
Hi all,
We are facing an issue in building a full package for server in 8.11. Our ES is Windows 2000 ADV server with Oracle 9.0.3. We are able to get a successful Client full package and have checked and rechecked the Env var and also installed Microsoft Visual Studio .Net twice. Most probably its an issue with the compiler which i cant figure out.
Is there any way in which i can test the compiler on ES since i cant run busbuild on ES with 8.94. ? has anyone faced this issue before ?

Are the environment variables system variables or do they only exist for the user that was logged in when you installed Visual Studio? Often, an OS admin will log in to install the compiler, writing the env. vars to that user. The account under which the E1 services run will need the env. vars so you must either install Visual Studio while logged in the that account or copy the variables to be system variables.

I have attached a file that can automate this procedure.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi all,
We are facing an issue in building a full package for server in 8.11. Our ES is Windows 2000 ADV server with Oracle 9.0.3. We are able to get a successful Client full package and have checked and rechecked the Env var and also installed Microsoft Visual Studio .Net twice. Most probably its an issue with the compiler which i cant figure out.
Is there any way in which i can test the compiler on ES since i cant run busbuild on ES with 8.94. ? has anyone faced this issue before ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Attachments

• 94737-OneWorldEnVarsRegUpdate.zip
    31.1 KB · Views: 98
Thanks bro for ur help. Yup the Env var exist for both the system as well as user. The compliler was installed under an admin account and it is this account under which the JD services are running.

Joel,

You should check out the compiler/link warnings on the ES. On the Win ES server, these should be located under the source or obj directories. Look for .log, .err, .msg files?

Usually the logs spell out what is wrong: whether it's a path problem (which is likely), or permissions, etc.

Good luck,

Check one of the .err files and see what the error message is. I bet that it cannot find cl.exe. If this is the case please post your settings for INCLUDES, LIBS, MAKEDIR, STDLIBDIR, AND CLASSPATH from your JDE.INI.

Hi Paul,
Good point but the funny part is that the no *.err files exist in the Compile Logs folder in the ES. Just a directory structure exist inside those nothing else.
I earlier mentioned that my oracle is 9.0.3, its actually 9.0.5.(thats the mtr for 8.11)

Joel

It's been a long time since I've gotten a bsfn error on package build but I'm remembering that the error log was found in the text or source folder on the ES.

I have this information in an old e-mail but I got a new laptop yesterday and my saved e-mails have been whacked. I have a ticket opened to get it back. If I find something different than what I'm telling you here, I will reply again.

Patty

Joel,

Can you attach a copy of your enterprise server JDE.INI file (minus the passwords) to this thread? Perhaps we can find something in the ini file that is causing the issue.

Hi Paul,
Attached is the ini from the ES minus the passwoerd :0)
I noticed that the bin32 and obj folder in the package folder on the ES are blank and only contain subdirectories. Does this mean that none of the .C and .h files are getting compiled. The source and include have got populated.

Attachments

• 94827-ini.txt
    9.4 KB · Views: 324
Hi Joel,

Try building a server package with a 2-3 bsfn and see if the cl.exe and busbuild.exe are running thru the task manager or if they are start .

check the status files from the ES package directory and check the status..

also do check the no: of simultaneous build u have given in the jde.ini of ES..

Might get a clue..:eek:

Freddy

We got the same issue and we solved changing the Enterprise Server JDE.INI. It seems to override the usual Windows System Variables.
So, put the entire path of your VS .NET into the following session:

[JDE_CG]
;TARGET=DEBUG
TARGET=RELEASE
INCLUDES=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\atlmfc\include;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\PlatformSDK\Include;$(SYSTEM)\INCLUDE;$(SYSTEM)\INCLUDEV;$(SYSTEM)\CG;$(APP)\INCLUDE;
LIBS=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\lib;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\atlmfc\lib;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\PlatformSDK\lib;$(SYSTEM)\LIB32;$(SYSTEM)\LIBV32;$(APP)\LIB32;
MAKEDIR=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\Tools;c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE
STDLIBDIR=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\lib;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\atlmfc\lib;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\PlatformSDK\lib
CLASSPATH=D:\PeopleSoft\E811\DDP\system\Classes\xalan.jar;D:\PeopleSoft\E811\DDP\system\Classes\xerces.jar;D:\PeopleSoft\E811\DDP\system\Classes\kernel.jar;D:\PeopleSoft\E811\DDP\system\Classes\XTS.jar;D:\PeopleSoft\E811\DDP\system\Classes\log4j.jar;D:\PeopleSoft\E811\DDP\system\Classes

Hope it helps!
Regards!

Marco Centamore.
Sao Paulo - Brasil

hi marco,
thanks for ur reply. but i haven't understood ur solution. What is missing in our paths ?. If you could point it out it will be of great help bro ! plz !

hie,
Is there a way to manually test if the compiler is working on your Enterprise server in 8.11 (8.94).
With the earlier Sp's we had BSFN builder.exe.

Can you do a cl.exe from the command prompt? This will confirm your environment variable settings. Any errors from jde.log/jdedebug.log? And are you able to build a single BSFN?

Hi,
When i type CL.EXE i get an error mspdb71.dll is missing. But the prolem is that this is missing in all the machines that have Microsoft Visual Studio .Net installed. We have another 8.11 set up where everything is working fine even without this.
Anyways i got this dll from and pasted it in the required path and then tried CL.exe, it did not throw and error. I then went ahead with the build, however the package has once again gone into error for "ALL business functions "

I've just set up the exact same system for a client - 8.11 Windows, Oracle 9i, etc. and package builds are going fine (except the speed sucks gas on 811! with VC 2003!).

Did you ever have OneWorld Xe on the same server with VC 6.0? If so then you could have multiple environment variables.

Here what I would do:
1. From the command prompt do: 'SET > SET.TXT' Post the results of this command to the forum.
2. Remove all components Visual Studio 2003.
3. Remove Cisual C++ 6.0 if it was installed.
4. Delete the environemnt variables for INCLUDE, MSDEVDIR, etc (user and system)
5. Delete Visual Studio from the path statement (user and system).
6. Delete the directory for C:\Program Files Visual Studio (VC++ 6.0 does not uninstall cleanly)
7. REBOOT
8. Reinstall Visual Studio 2003 (deselect Visual Basic, C#, J whatever. Logged in as local Administrator
9. REBOOT

You do not have to do any cusomization of environemnt variables for Visual Studio 2003. This was only necessary in VC++ 6.0.

Hey,
Just wondering, is Microsoft Visual studio .Net really required for 8.11 as stated by Peoplesoft MTR? After all wont the normal VC++ do ? has anyon tried this ?

Hey there, I am pretty sure you do need .net fo 8.11. You need to reolve the issue of Cl first.

Search for this file in your local drive mspdb71.dll and Eitehr copy it into the same drive where Cl exist or you might have to run the below mentioned batch file to set up the environment
>
>\Programme\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET (2003)\Vc7
\bin\vcvars32.bat
I hope this helps

Back